Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaining Caster

I read .5-1.5 degrees, now I am curious....

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.p...ethane-bushes/

My bad, 3.8 without subframe adjustment. Still, that would make them a way better option than plates
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=575263&page=2

Switched my camber plates and it makes a noticeable difference to the stability and steering of the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case you were wondering, I only have Todd's plates and DC5-R aluminum control arms and my caster specs are:

Driver side: 5.33*
    Passenger: 6.00*

I bought the subframe washers from BLOX but have yet to install them. I'm waiting to decide on which bushings I want for the LCA's. I never heard of the SuperPro's until this thread popped up. I daily my car but I also auto-x and plan on starting to go to Sebring this year.

I think I might be able to live with the spherical bearings.
    Last edited by DekaEPman1; 05-14-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Let me know how the blox bearings are. I think I might try the superpro ones just because of the noise problems with sphericals, and my car is just a DD for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not buying the BLOX bearings, they only sell the front compliance bushing. Also the BLOX bushings are not offset to gain more caster.

I plan on buying the PCI bearings as they sell both front and rear compliance bushings for the LCA and I'm having them install the bushings for me.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    I'm not buying the BLOX bearings, they only sell the front compliance bushing. Also the BLOX bushings are not offset to gain more caster.

I plan on buying the PCI bearings as they sell both front and rear compliance bushings for the LCA and I'm having them install the bushings for me.
    I did exactly what your planning to do with my itr lcas. And I love it. Very good investment if you ask me. Are the bloc subframe washers supposed to add castor a swell?

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    I did exactly what your planning to do with my itr lcas. And I love it. Very good investment if you ask me. Are the bloc subframe washers supposed to add castor a swell?
    Thanks for the insight on the PCI bearings.

The subframe bolt collars as they're referred to, only soak up the play in the 4 subframe bolts so the subframe does not shift when installing or during hard driving. Some guys over at clubrsx.com have gain a little bit of caster by kicking the subframe forward and holding it in place as they tighten the bolts down, but I wouldn't feel too sure about doing it that way.

I got the superpro bushings installed as well as the roll center adjusters, and 0857 steering bracket, this is my steering angle at a full drop on my Megan coils

The car seems more stable, but overall it's jerky not sure if it's from my new wheels 17x8 +25 or the shop ignoring my rear camber settings all together -_-. Acceleration and high speed stability is Improved a lot, steering response is good too. I had front my top mounts on their opposite sides to get more caster, but the highest camber we could get was -.5 deg, so I put them back on their correct sides

More pics:

I don't believe jerky is the term you're looking for.

Twitchy is more what I think you're feeling.

Remember, everything OEM was rubber and designed to keep American Billy Joe Bob safe from his own lack of driving skills. Once you start tweaking the car's suspension to handle properly like an enthusiast should, the car responds much better to steering inputs as it is now and feels 'twitchy' or the 'jerkiness' you're describing.

Turns out it was just horribly aligned. Got my caster up to 2.3 on the passengers

I will be doing the SuperPro lca bushes soon along with Hotchkis plates reversed for caster. Is there any hints or helpful advise anyone can give me before I do this? Thanks.
    -I've looked and can't find a good DIY for these...

Pretty straight forward.

Not sure what lcas you have but the Rs really change everything. If you're doing all of this work it's a shame to not do the best mod of them all while you're in there. And another nice thing about installing the R lca is that you can do the bushings on the R lca before pulling everything off for a shorter down time. They also pull 6 lbs. off the front sprung weight, increase track width, negative camber, and caster. Wider track width on our fwd suspension is a very big game changer and often overlooked along with caster.

OG Lurker
    IMO, the caster gain from DC5R lcas are a myth.

I got DC5R AND PCI-E offset sphericals and I only dialed in at 1.6 total caster both sides. The PCI-E only added like .5 degrees.

A friend of mine who has the same setup on ep3 had the same thing so it's not just my car.

No dc5r lca's for me because people still go back and forth on the end results, I'm not sold it's worth all the work for the potential gains. The main reason for me is I'm k24 swapped and RH and no front sway. I'm going to try and fit the 16mm em2 front sway, and I would never be able to clear a dc5r front sway. But I believe the plates and offset lca bush should yield a nice result. If I didn't have #k24problems I would have went with the dc5r lca's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information