Close

Doing a RHD conversion. Need a little insight on wiring.

I am doing a RHD conversion on a 03 EP. Got a JDM front clip minus the engine and tranny. Everything has been swapped over including RHD dash with JDM wiring harness. I am using the stock USDM engine wiring harness and ECM. Will the US engines harness th the JDM dash harness? All plugs have a corresponding match with the exception of the evap system. Car will crank, but I have no spark and appears the injectors are not firing. I have checked all grounds in the engine bay and under the dash.

Can anyone tell me if a JDM EP3 TypeR dash harness will work with a USDM engine harness and ECM? Is the ECM pinout different?

Try to send rhdsirek4 a pm on that.

The ECM pin out is identical which is why you can use a JDM DC5-R or EP3-R ECU for KPro in any USDM application.

Japanese cars don't have an evap system which is why you're missing those wires.

Out of curiosity why are you doing all this?

You can buy a german ep3 and have it shipped to the US and it will pass customs. cost after import: $9000-11000

true story

Car was wrecked pretty bad in the front. Local JDM shop had an EP3 TypeR in stock. He sold me the entire clip, minus engine/tranny, for cheaper than I could get the parts to repair. Don't think I would do it again though. It has taken about $6000 grand to put it back together.

basically every piece of wiring in the car is entirely different, you wil need all the harnesses put on the new car.

I actually know the guy that did what is considered the best RHD converted EP3, RC from RCs garage.

he literallly took the entire front of the car appart, undid every single seemweld, and took the firewall out as one piece uncut, then took apart the car it was being swapped to, literally everything had to come out of the vehicle. He literally swapped it as if it was the factory doing it. after it was done you could never tell it was done.

He said this was one of the wierdest chassis he ever converted, a lot of parts stay in the same place, but the wiring is all different.

Looks like the immobilize is the issue. All lights and accessories work. Car will crank but not start. So this leads me back to the ECU. The ECU is waiting for a signal from the immobilizer to complete the circuit for the ignition and EFI. My problem is the JDM cars don't utilize the immobilizer system. Its not wired in the dash harness. I was able to borrow a Hondata KPro ECU and the car started right up. I am trying to find out if there is anyway to deactivate the immobilizer on a stock ECU. The KPro is a little out of my budget right now.

Match the CPU to your key. Dealer can do it

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Match the CPU to your key. Dealer can do it
    I don't think that will do any good. The JDM rhd dash isn't wired for the immobilizer. The key is not chipped. its just a regular Honda key. My stock ECU is looking for the immobilizer to activate, I have no way to get it the signal. Is the KPro immobilizer delete my only option?

Fount that KTunner offers a immobilizer delete/bypass. I've got it on order. Will post results when installed.
    Last edited by 3dkahuna; 05-14-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Post pics!

Car now starts and drives. Still have some work to do on the EVAP system, finish up on some body work, paint and its ready to go.

Congrats!

I love checking back in on threads like this and finding out everything worked out in the end.

Make sure to post PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

oh wow! I can't wait to see some pictures of this conversion. it sounds like a major headache but I am sure the end result was worth it!
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

i would love to see the pics

Thread Information