Close

K24a1 Vtec killer head onto A2 block

My A3 block is getting tired and sourced a a2 block with oil pump etc...I'm wondering if anyone else has done this...I'm waiting for the block to return from the machine shop but was wondering does everything bolt on direct...only upgrades are piston n rods...any other tips are appreciated

A k20a2 and k20a3 block is the same casting. The k20a2 has the oil squirters installed, the k20a3 does not and just has the untapped bosses.

Swapping the head over IS a painless task. The k20a2 oil pump is a non issue as long as you have its windage tray, oil pump chain, and oil pump chain guide... as the k20a2 and k20a3 use the same oil pump tensioner.

What pistons will you be using?

I was ordering the cp ones or wiseco...but im thinking of going with the stock compression due to the crap gas here in cali (91 octane) I'm going with brian crower light weight rods...anything else I need...I'm just getting it hot tanked and checked out right now...I got the block for super cheap...I'm wondering how the a1 head will perform with an a2 block.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    A k20a2 and k20a3 block is the same casting. The k20a2 has the oil squirters installed, the k20a3 does not and just has the untapped bosses.

Swapping the head over IS a painless task. The k20a2 oil pump is a non issue as long as you have its windage tray, oil pump chain, and oil pump chain guide... as the k20a2 and k20a3 use the same oil pump tensioner.

What pistons will you be using?

Im using a k24a1 head with k20z3 rocker assembly and cams... with a k20a3 block/rods/crank and k20a2 pistons to bump the compression. It runs like a scalded cat... but its also in a lighter chassis (EJ1).

Any vids bro would love to see!

Im using a k24a1 head with k20z3 rocker assembly and cams... with a k20a3 block/rods/crank and k20a2 pistons to bump the compression. It runs like a scalded cat... but its also in a lighter chassis (EJ1).

http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/dw...5b1ac.mp4.html

^^ 3rd roll, didnt use 6th. Airbox and Accord header...

sounds great bro...!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyR4g...xHcK39ONAwsBbw

here's how she is doing now without the a2 block...a3 block/a1 head...that fg is a 13.5 car...not bad for a a3 block...should be better after the swap.

http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/dw...5b1ac.mp4.html

^^ 3rd roll, didnt use 6th. Airbox and Accord header...

Yeah you cant beat the power for the cost. Upping the compression makes it even better!

Thread Information