Close

P1122 tps problem

After my k24a2, I had 2 codes come up. The first was the o2 sensor. I got that fixed. The second is the tps. It's shows p1122 tps voltage higher than expected. I replaced the tps with one from ebay but nothing. I put the original back on and same thing. I am having problems with the idle. After I drive for about 5 min, the idle drops to almost completely and sometimes stalls the car. I put my foot on the accelerator pedal and hold the idle around 900-1000 but as soon as intake my foot off it stalls. Anybody got ideas.
    Mods:
    K24a2
    Injen Sri
    Esmm motor mount inserts
    Rsx type s o2 sensor

no one have any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by danito321 View Post
    no one have any insight?
    well since i dont think too many people have this problem or have heard anything on it, i will post what i did this morning before heading to work. i think i might have fixed the low idle/car dying issue.

i hooked up my laptop to the car and pulled up kmanager. now i read before somewhere on a forum that if you replace the TPS, you need to calibrate it and make sure its reading correctly. so i pulled up the sensors and saw that the tps was showing that it was logging in around 11-12%. my foot was off the pedal and i knew that the throttle was fully closed. i went ahead and removed the short ram and had my wife step on the accelerator so i can make sure to see if the throttle was opening and closing correctly. it was. i then went ahead and loosened the screws on the TPS and began to adjust it until the tps showed 0% when the throttle was closed. Oh I forgot to add that i recently reset the ECU so the code (p1122) was not popping up. My train of thought was that if my tps is showing that the throttle is open even a little, the idle air control valve wont run because there is no need to since the engine is supposedly getting air. as i drove to work, the idle was still acting dumb and dropping real low for the first 2 miles but then low and behold it started to idle where i wanted it. by the time i got to work i was consistently idling at 900 rpms! no more stupid idle sputtering till it almost died (or in some cases it would).

However sometimes as i shifted and pressed the pedal the check engine light would flash. it was more like a flicker. and then as i the rpms picked up it would stop. if i down shift and step on it a little the check engine light faintly flickers. the check engine light has not popped up yet but it did flicker. what do you guys think?

Thread Information