Close

K20Z1 sensor differences from A3

Hey guys I just need to confirm, Do I need to swap Any sensors from my A3 on to my Z1 engine. I just want to know now before I start my swap as it is easier to swap the parts with the engine out.

I'm running K20A3 engine harness on my K20Z1 swap with a K-tuned speedo healer and a mugen Hoa ecu.

You will only need to swap the knock sensor over from your A3. You will want to keep the VTEC solenoid from the Z1, DO NOT swap over the A3 solenoid for it will not engage VTEC properly.

the vtc oil control solenoid works fine with the 02-04 ecu as well even though it is different part numbers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bwek View Post
    the vtc oil control solenoid works fine with the 02-04 ecu as well even though it is different part numbers?

Thanks
    Works just fine. I'm using the K20Z3 part on my car (K20Z3 swap with K20A2 head) and never had an issue. Like I said before, only the knock sensor, and that's not even an engine harness thing. The knock sensor is dependent on the starter/charging harness you are using.

Thank you sir can't wait to get this motor out on the track its going to rip!

Thread Information