Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: door locks

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Surest bet is going OEM.
    And yes, different parts for the drivers and passengers side.
    In addition to simple orientation, the driver side actuator actually keys all of the other locks (passenger and hatch).
    Meaning that if the driver's side fails, then the other locks will NOT actuate, even if their individual mechanisms are working.
    Just some FYI
    Thanks. I'm going to do this fix next weekend. Local part stores from Honda dealer shows $41 for the driver side. Think there is a better price elsewhere?

The actuation will only happen if the driver side lock is at a certain position. For instance, let's suppose all my locks are in "unlocked" position. I depress the driver side manually to "locked" and only then, I can lock the rest using the switch. Same with unlocking. If I want to use the remote switch to lock my car, I just manually lock the driver side by depressing it down WHILE pulling on the interior door handle. Normally driver side door won't lock from indoors, but this trick works for all types of Hondas (civics, odyssey, crv...). Once you are out of the car and driver side is locked, use your remote key and lock and confirm as usual.

i guess i got lucky mines still working.

Mine crapped out a few years ago. I guess because I grew up without auto locks I don't mind going "old school" and using a key.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information