Close

New tires! 195/60/15 Need your opinions on a budget!

Hey guys love the community so far. I've done a lot of upgrades to this car and the tires that came with it
    are 6 years old and it's time for some new ones!

I don't make a lot of money and I have been looking for some good tires that are reasonably priced.
    I'm sticking with the 195/60/15 stock recommended size with a V speed rating.

I have done a lot of research on Tirerack.com and found some good ones but would like some opinions if possible.

I know a lot of you guys run different tire sizes and rims but I can't afford new wheels and I'm just that guy that does everything
    OEM for a piece of mind. It's my fun little daily driver and I'm always a stickler about only getting what the manufacturer recommends.

So far my choices are: All these are 195/60/15 Speed Rating of V

General Altimax HP $65 7.95 User Rating
    Kumho Ecsta Platinum LX $76 7.75 User Rating
    Goodyear Eagle GT $72 7.34 User Rating

I live in South Carolina so no snow or anything.

Thank you in advance!

All those are good tires for DD. I wouldn't worry about speed rating because I highly doubt you'll be topping the Ep out on bicycle width tires lol.

-Rob

Lol ok thanks. The guy at the Firestone told me to always get the speed rating recommended by the manufacturer because he says sometimes the car won't handle right. Idk..
    Last edited by Siborg; 05-18-2009 at 08:10 PM.

I'm in the exact same situation with reasonable priced tires. I like the general's but I'm getting the h-rated installed out the door for 366. The guy at my tire store said it won't make much difference unless you're driving 130mph everywhere you go! You'll never over heat these tires unless you're taking it to the track.

THe yokohama y580 from america's tire co is pretty good..i believe i paid 75

OP are you looking for all seasons (3 season), summer, high performance?
    That will make a big difference.

Hey guys just to let you know I got the Kumho Ecsta Platinum LX's and super satisfied. Great tires. Tires I had on were 6 years old and pretty much shot. These guys handle great in wet conditions and handle really well.

I just put a set of $53 Kuhmo "Sense" (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....um=96HR5KR26V2) on the EP3. Didn't need anything extreme since the car is just going to work and back. So far they're good, though we probably only have 250 miles on them as of today.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    I hear that federals sell a good budget tire. No experience just heard from friends.

Thread Information