Close

K-Tune? Red Line Performance North Carolina

Hey guys was shopping around to see who does Hondata K-PRO around me and stumbled upon this shop that was highly recommended by some Honda guys. I asked him if he does K-PRO and he says he uses K-Tune.

Heres what he told me

"I normally do NA K-series dyno tuning work for $500 due to their complexity, but that's pretty close to stock and not a big job. If the car doesn't have a bunch of codes that NEED to be fixed (not everything can be turned off, or turned off with a good result) I could discount that to my normal $400 NA dyno tune fee.You'd be looking at $300 for 05+ ECU, plug and play conversion harness, and license fee for the direct flash option. If you want a daughterboard you can plug into and alter yourself (mostly used to change two step on a drag car, or send me a datalog if you needed tech support later down the road) then it would be under $600."

Apparently they would put in a '05 ECU into my car.

What do you guys think? Looks like it would only be $400

I would look at evans tuning e-tune also.

While it sounds cool, the universal availability and tuning of K-Pro is likely more versatile, and your not at the mercy of only one tuner should they no longer exist in a year or two. For only a little more you can get what everyone in the world uses, so I say go K-Pro. My two cents.
    Last edited by Cheep3; 05-19-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: forgot link

Thanks for the replies. Found someone here in South Carolina that will do K-PRO for $650 but I have to go without a car for a week, lol. OH well. I don't really need it right now anyway. All I'm doing is your typical bolt-ons I/H/E. I'm not gonna mess around with the engine until I have the car paid off in the next couple of years. I heard you only really need K-PRO once you start messing with the cams and stuff.

Get a HONDATA reflash...good for bolt ons

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Get a HONDATA reflash...good for bolt ons
    This. Plus, the price you pay for the reflash is like a 'down payment' towards kpro. The reflash even adds value to your oem ecu. Win win imo
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

I don't know about you guys but i've looked into getting a reflash and KPRO. I encountered a problem tho, for the life of me I could not find a tuner that offered the reflash for our cars that resided in the new york area, the best I could find was Kpro an a tune for a grand, which in my opinion really doesn't sound all to bad of a deal but in the scheme of things how much can they really squeeze out of the A3? 160 at the wheels if I'm lucky... not worth the extra cash in my opinion. But if you ever plan on doing more than just bolts ons I highly recommend you get Kpro, it's a wise investment if you want to build.

Quote Originally Posted by riceislame View Post
    ...I encountered a problem tho, for the life of me I could not find a tuner that offered the reflash for our cars that resided in the new york area..
    It's bc the reflash requires you to send your ECU, keys and immobilizer ring directly to hondata. Unless you live in CA, it's not really ever going to be local.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

k-tune is for 05-06 rsx-s. you can't use it.

if you want reflash you have to send it to hondata, that is not a thing dealers do.

if you want kpro, odds are there are no dealers that carry spare ecu's ready to go (i have never heard of one dealer that does) so you'll have to send it out to get done either by i think xenocron on the east coast or hondata themselves on the west coast. hit me up if you need more help figuring out what you need.

RLZ Engineering in Concord, North Carolina. Great tuner, awesome rep forever, tried and true. Get in touch with them and your good. I was very happy with their work(K-Pro/swap/dyno tune).

Thread Information