Close

oil disappearing ? please read, help and advice

So i got 170k miles bought it at 160k since i got my oil just goes away just did an oil change 2 weeks ago and today is almost bone dry. And i say its disappearing bcuz i dont have any leaks and it doesnt look likes its burning ( no blue smoke what so ever). So maybe will a new oi pump help. If i do. Ill prolly do water pump and timing chain as well. So my next question is , is there anyway to look at these parts and be able to see if they have already been changed ? To whomever replys to this thank you

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    When u did ur oil change how much oil came out of the pan?

I'm at similar mileage, I go through about a quart between oil changes. It looks like my oil pan gasket is fatigued but I never have any oil accumulate on the ground. So for me it's a slow burn off. I would recommend water pump serp belt and thermostat regardless. Not sure if oil pump will help you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    High mileage ur gona see oil burn. Valve seals start to leak. My rsx is doing it at 130k. But the op is saying it's bone dry... that means not a drop

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    High mileage ur gona see oil burn. Valve seals start to leak. My rsx is doing it at 130k. But the op is saying it's bone dry... that means not a drop
    When i did the oi change it doesnt matter because im always adding more. But what should i do to make a be a little better on oil. Btw to the other guy above i just didba serp belt but i may look into doing the water pump that wouldn't affect my oil system at all would it ? Just cooling system. And you would know id the thermostat was out right. Again having to do with cooling systrm

Thread Information