Close

Wrecked EP Swap?

Hey guys, I was wondering what could possibly interfere with a k24 swap into my EP as its been wrecked twice. Although its been fixed by a damn good body tech, I know that after a wreck things don't exactly line up 100%. Just wondering if anyone knew of any typical issues or had any suggestions as to solutions to any foreseeable issues.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    explain wrecked. front end damage? did you rear end someone?

I was hit square on the passenger front fender about a year ago. The body shop I worked at put a new inner fender skirt, fender, hood, headlamp mount(s), rebar, bumper, radiator support, and door in. It was about 85% capacity as far as totaling goes.

was the engine dropped? If the mounts line up normally there shouldn't be further complications.

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    was the engine dropped? If the mounts line up normally there shouldn't be further complications.
    this.

The k24 in an ep is really tight. You might end up having to mod the radiator support and the hood depending on your intake manifold. You're header/sway bar might interfere. These are the places that will be close when you install the k24 into any ep.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

No, the engine wasn't dropped. I'll be running a stock manifold for a while until I decide whether or not I really want to spend the money on an ITB setup. I'm not to worried about having to modify the hood or the rad support. I don't want a raggedy pos that's a danger to myself, passengers, and everyone else. I am running type-s sways all around, and a PLM (kidd racing rep) header.

That's the thing, with any header, oem or aftermarket, you may have contact due to the taller k24. The type s front sway bar is most likely the same one you have in your ep3.

I would suggest one of the two em2 front sway bars or an ep3r one for the PLM header. You can also run with no front sway bar

check out post 27, i took pics of the various sway bar's i've tried:
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?61745
    Last edited by usedep3; 07-03-2014 at 05:38 AM.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

I hear the plm is the best rh to have for the swap however so that should work out. The em2 front sway would be you're best bet if it doesn't rub. you can remove the front sway but who wants to do that?
    Last edited by ReD Line; 05-20-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Not me... I like my front sway! I think I could probably modify +/- material to the header to get it to were it needs to be to keep the front sway setup I have now. Well in any case, the PLM rh and a ported stock manifold and throttle body should do what I want for now. I really need to raise it up, I've somehow managed to bang my subframe off of two potholes in this godforsaken city. Thank goodness our oil pans are protected...

oh lawd. how low are you? Too low or spring rates are terrible.

Too damn low, just like the potholes... Kaiju are crawling out of them in RVA. But, I'll admit it because its the internet, I am a recovering stance addict. It's cool though, I'm back on the right path now.

good

I hope everyone had a good fourth, and thanks again for the info guys. Keep an eye out for an engine build thread soon!

Thread Information