Figured since this is pretty much a "from the ground up" rebuild- id start a new build thread. Since my last setup went up in a blaze of gunfire- i am back at square one so i will be taking my time and updating and upgrading all the stuff that has been bothering me in the engine bay.

As many may or may not know- the old JRSC k24 put out a stout 416/305 to the wheels before the blower mysteriously took a shit on me on the highway- which not only took out my freshly rebuilt blower but also my trainwreck k24... Total loss on both ends. But there was some light at the end of the tunnel- the supercharger builder backed their work and after inspecting the failed supercharger- they agreed to warranty it and all the supporting mods added.

So with the blower being replaced- i have a new plan of attack for this rebuild. I will be sourcing a JDM k20a complete swap- adding a few new parts to the mix and giving everything a good general cleaning. I am aiming at about 350whp with the new setup on more moderate boost. New parts will be shared as they arrive and i will make a new build list as everything develops.

So now we are here. The blower should be back in a couple weeks so i have some time to not only clean up the bay- but select, source, and clean up a new replacement motor as well. So lets jump into it-

Old k24 JRSC setup- RIP:

The aftermath of the carnage:

So now that the bay is empty- its time to clean some stuff up. This car was my DD for 9yrs so she has seen all of the elements- so there is no lack of rusted stuff in the bay. I am on a mission to clean/ paint/ replace as much of the old worn out stuff as possible. I bought some engine enamel/ primer/ prep from por15 and got to work. I first degreased and metal prepped the bay along with everything i was planning on painting:

After that dried over night- i moved on to the por15 primer. Taped everything off and dove right in. Decided to paint my ABS module, EPS rack, tie rods, prop valve, and a bunch of brackets in the bay:

Need to let the primer dry and move on the top coat. Pretty much everything will be black except the tie rods- i am going to paint them aluminum like factory. Once everything is painted in the bay- i will give it one last cleaning/ degreasing before i move on the motor. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk