Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    I wish I had the patience and the know-how to do this.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    I wish I had the patience and the know-how to do this.
    It's more patience than anything- just going from the k24 to the k20 was like relearning the jrsc again. Nothing fit and everything needed to be adjusted or trimmed... And don't get me started on finding the right size belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    Looks great.
    Thanks- it's come a long way

LOL I ended up buying a 9 or 10 rib Gatorback belt and cutting it down to 7 rib to have a belt that fit.

Im glad you are happy with the setup. I know they always say there is no replacement for displacement... which IS true for power numbers... but for usable power?? Nothing beats a well thought out power/transmission package.

Dont get me wrong, i know you have a handful after 5krpm... but its easier to pedal than a 2.4 setup. I guess as with anything... its owner preference/driving style/overall goal. Some people just want 600whp and dont care about anything else lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    LOL I ended up buying a 9 or 10 rib Gatorback belt and cutting it down to 7 rib to have a belt that fit.

Im glad you are happy with the setup. I know they always say there is no replacement for displacement... which IS true for power numbers... but for usable power?? Nothing beats a well thought out power/transmission package.

Dont get me wrong, i know you have a handful after 5krpm... but its easier to pedal than a 2.4 setup. I guess as with anything... its owner preference/driving style/overall goal. Some people just want 600whp and dont care about anything else lol
    Yea I've been fighting with belts forever now. You would think I'd have it mastered by now.

I can honestly say I enjoy the new k20 setup more and more every time I drive it. It just hooks up and goes and it feels like it pulls forever. Don't get me wrong- being the first to crack the 400 mark with my old stock k24 was great- and that setup pulled like a freight train- but it's nice not having the car walk across 3 lanes of traffic in 3rd. The k20 is tame and conservative in comparison- but in doing so it is just that much more enjoyable to drive... And to drive fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. For me, corner bangin has always been my passion. The SC 2 liter setup gives you power when you need it and the LSD feels SOOO good through the corner. Every time you drive you look for ways to push it a little bit more.

The 2.4 i loved the best around town. You could short shift it and poke in traffic with no issues. Im sellin my SC though. Im sticking with NA and puttin this 2.2 together ive always wanted. If i can get 250whp/175wtq all motor i think ill be content with my lighter chassis. : )

Agreed. For me, corner bangin has always been my passion. The SC 2 liter setup gives you power when you need it and the LSD feels SOOO good through the corner. Every time you drive you look for ways to push it a little bit more.

The 2.4 i loved the best around town. You could short shift it and poke in traffic with no issues. Im sellin my SC though. Im sticking with NA and puttin this 2.2 together ive always wanted. If i can get 250whp/175wtq all motor i think ill be content with my lighter chassis. : )
    Yea- I put the car together to be a fast and fun mountain car- my idea of the total package.

That's too bad about selling the SC- would of been an interesting setup. A mean NA setup will be cool though. I think that's the way I'm going to end up.... I'm a sucker for ITBs

Yesss... im movin up to WVA and cant wait to hit some twisties!!

ITB's. I dunno if im a sucker for them at the price they are going for. Maybe though. I need to do more reading on ITB's. For now... 9krpm with 3" into an RRC, KTuneds new big tube RH and 3" out. Should be a good start.

For real though... get some in car vid once you get her squared away!
    Last edited by Heitzke; 05-23-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Yesss... im movin up to WVA and cant wait to hit some twisties!!

ITB's. I dunno if im a sucker for them at the price they are going for. Maybe though. I need to do more reading on ITB's. For now... 9krpm with 3" into an RRC, KTuneds new big tube RH and 3" out. Should be a good start.

For real though... get some in car vid once you get her squared away!
    I have some videos on the road- just need to edit them. I'll hopefully get some more video before winter hits. The noise she makes in the mountains is unreal

Last edited by wishbear; 05-23-2009 at 10:10 PM.

DifferentK: rebuild time

Getting cold in the NE- about time for winter storage. Changed the oil and replaced the aftermarket thermostat with a oem one. All cleaned up and ready for hibernation:

So whats next? Any ideas?

twin charge that sucka!
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Performance wise- I think she is done for a while. She met my goals and the car does everything I can ever want it to do. Im thinking next winter I'll get her re-sprayed but besides that- I don't really have any big ideas. Just enjoying the car really.

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    twin charge that sucka!
    Yea I don't think the JDM k20 would like all that pressure. I have some ideas for some very distance plans of building a big NA ITB frank for her but we will see. The setup now is pretty much perfect for what i want.

Update.
    Winter is here- have a couple things going on. Next on the list:
    TSX crank pulley
    Aem ver2 progressive meth controller
    AIS 18gph meth nozzle
    Kpro ver4 upgrade
    Merc racing updated aftercooler reservoir
    Custom 3.5in CAI

So far- the meth controller has been kicking my ass. Whether it was the first controller being bad to now the wiring connector being bad- I have been chasing these electrical gremlins for days now. Put the controller to the side and got my custom intake sorted and the crank pulley installed. Enough bitching- pics

Still sorting out a new belt size and rewiring the meth controller before its ready to be retuned on more boost and meth. Final installation pics to follow

Sorted out my electrical demons- just in time to take her out for a spin in the rain. Still need a slightly smaller belt but for the most part it's a wrap. Back to the tuners some time later on. Pics after I cleaned up.

The new meth setup with the controller mounted in the trunk. When aem's products work they work pretty good ;)

Rainy- but winter mode cleans up pretty decently

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information