Close

Skunk2 Intake manifold on k24a2 swap questions

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but i have had my civic (ep3) for awhile now. I currently have a k24a2 sitting in my garage and i plan on swapping it in soon. I know there are things that i need to make this swap possible, and i have most of them. One thing that i am stumped on though is will the skunk2 intake manifold from the k20a3 work on the k24a2? Will it even have enough clearance? I have tried searching but i havent found anyone with the skunk2 intake manifold on their k24 swap. I see everyone running the rbc intake with the throttle body adapter, is that the only option? Any help would be much appreciated.

not sure how the IM works with the coolant port on the A2. i would ask Skunk2 directly. as far as the fitting in the engine bay.... i think its a trial and error type of thing. may have to trim (hood or rad support), may not. do you have the S2 mani already? i would get the K24a2 in and go from there : )

I currently have the S2 mani on the k20a3 right now. I thought i read somewhere that S2 mani would also fit on the k24a2. Maybe I misread something though. I will be putting it in when i get my kpro in a couple weeks (or sooner if i could ever find a used one xD). I just want to make sure i have the all the pieces i need ahead of time. I dont want to spend the extra money on the RBC mani + adapter if i can just use the one i currently have.

probably just gotta shave the rad support... i on the other hand had to shave and cut a huge hole in my hood -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Ubeyo View Post
    probably just gotta shave the rad support... i on the other hand had to shave and cut a huge hole in my hood -.-
    Yeah I would rather not cut into my CF hood if I didnt have to xD. I would much rather just shave that support. Other than that it shouldn't be an issue correct? I won't have to buy a different TB or adapter?

The Skunk2 Pro Series 70mm Intake Manifold WILL fit. Good news for you. All you have to do is tap the coolant port on the head. You need a 3/8 NPT tap then a 90* fitting with 3/8 NPT to 5/8 Barb fitting. After that perfect fitment.
    Info on coolant port tap here: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...d-fitting-size

Thread Information