Close

Wing options - NEED YOUR INPUT

so i have a 2004 NHBP ep... stock exterior. I want to put on a bigger wing and tint the windows as part of my first exterior improvement.

currently i can get a used carbon fiber mugen replica wing for like $300. I like the mugen style but im not sure if CF will look good on a black EP? THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN

if thats not gonna look good i could get a black hfp wing but thats gonna be atleast $500 (plus i have to deal with wiring the brakelights to it... i suck with wiring)

im gonna go dark with the tint (probably like 15%) and then do a mesh grill and fog lights upfront and get a volvo lip if i can. also i need to replace my headlights... alllllll hazy. ive tried using 3M rubbing compound (works for a day and then they get hazy again) so im lookin at depo projectors

I really dont know what route to go with the wing. will the CF look good or bad with a NHBP car and no other CF parts

(i also need to get a few dents popped from my hatch and get it painted... anyone know of a cheap place to get a CF hatch to go with the CF wing and do a complete replacement?)

Shop around. You may be able to find better deals. The "wiring" is not hard at all. Literally two wires to splice. The carbon wings on black look awesome IMO... As long as the clear is good.

Mesh grill? Haven't seen one done in a while! I can't remember which ebay vendor I got my fogs from but they were cheap and plugged in with one wire(to the panel under the dash).

If you decide to get your hatch painted, you can always spray your wing while your at it. I would pick up another lip for this reason and have it color matched while your at it.

For your headlights: try sanding them down first. Some kits come with the sand paper. Make sure you have a drill or buffer attachment before sanding unless you want a sore elbow! Or have it done for about $20 bucks. The kits can be reused so they save money the 2nd time around. It's close to the price of having them done (in some places)

Good luck with your car.

been taking a look at your build as i plan to supercharge too (thats as long as i can get my hands on one!)
    gotta say your build looks awesome and is teaching me alot about the JRSC

the mesh grill is from ebay for like $30 but IMO it looks awesome.. reminds me of the previous gen Si with the hollow grill... mugen front end is too much for me personally.. i want simple and clean.

how hard is cutting the bumper for the fogs? i already have a set, but the shop i brought it to told me $200+ for installation... sounds steeep to me

and yeah i need to do something about my headlights... they ruin the look of the whole front end. i want nice clear headlights with the clear fogs and the clear reflective running lights on teh front and back bumpers..

soo much to do, so little money and time. hahahah one step at a time i guess. just did a little more research and found a genuine black type r wing for CHEAP! probably gonna jump on it soon and keep it all black

Both spolers are nice. The wiring on the HFP is super easy like tlikethedrink mentioned.

Cutting the holes on the bumper takes some patience. Just start with a smaller hole and slowly make it bigger. Are they oem fogs? IIRC, I think they come with a template to make the proper cut.

Where in NJ are you? If you're local I can help you out. I wont even charge you $200+
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

I'm in Union. Any help would be awesome. I've had the fogs sitting around for like 6 months cause i didnt wanna spend alot of money to install them but i know they're gonna look great in the front and make a big difference.

I think im gonna wind up going with the HFP wing... looks cleaner to me. keeping most of the exterior OEM so i think that will look more at home than the mugen

A cheap cf hatch? No. Pm Thakid, he had one for sale. Not sure if it's gone. He had cf doors, hatch, hood.

Personally I have never been crazy about carbon fiber parts unless paint matched. Just what I think. My genuine type R wing plugged right into my USDM hatch/pigtails. As for the headlights, it's a quite easy fix you'd be surprised at your results. Here is what I did:

1. Mask off the edges of the lights with 1 1/2 " masking tape.
    2. Get some windex and a cotton terry towel to wipe off your lights. (Wash completely if excessively dirty).
    3. If headlights are really bad, start with 800 grit wet sandpaper and sand down the headlights lightly making sure the surface is continually wet. (Making water as the solvent).
    4. Let it dry, get your windex and a different terry towel and wipe off the cloudy headlight thoroughly.
    5. Repeat step 3 with 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper, again with a wet surface.
    6. Let it dry, and windex-clean the surface.
    7. Repeat step 3 with 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper, again with a wet surface.
    8. Repeat step 4. Again with a separate terry towel.
    9. "Finish" off sanding with 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper, again making sure the surface is wet.
    10. Repeat step 4.
    11. Finalize the process and apply Mothers "Power plastic 4 lights" with a clean towel or pad.
    12. Let dry for a few minutes or until it "cakes" up..... Follow directions on bottle etc.
    13. Remove the dry compound with a rotary buffer and a 100% cotton pad.
    14. Clean the headlight with windex and a clean microfiber towel.
    15. Crack open a cold brew, stand back and appreciate the work you just accomplished.
    16. *** Don't forget step 15. ***

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYG_EP3 View Post
    I think im gonna wind up going with the HFP wing... looks cleaner to me. keeping most of the exterior OEM so i think that will look more at home than the mugen
    HPF is gonna be costly. Good luck.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    I made a DIY on CEP3 maybe posted it here to for the HFP install.

Thread Information