Close

K20a 2.4L Accord 03-07 engine

Hey all. I've read through several links on this forum, but the K20A's seem to have their own sub-section within themselves and I often find it confusing to tell the difference between the one I'm looking at and the top-most. Here's a link for your reference:
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ne-Information

Specifically, look at the bottom section of the first K20A which is pasted here for your convenience:
    ----Begin Paste----
    o 2003-2007 Honda Accord Euro-R
    + Displacement: 1998 cc
    + Compression: 11.5:1
    + Power: 217 bhp (220 PS, 162 kW) @ 8000 rpm
    + Torque: 152 f·lbf (206 N·m) @ 7000 rpm
    + Redline: 8800 rpm
    ----End Paste----

So, the engine I'm looking at swapping is here:
    http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/engi...ord-03-07.html

Is this the same engine as the one mentioned above? If not, what's the difference? If so, why is it so cheap with those performance numbers compared to the $4500 R-spec which seems to be putting out relatively the same numbers?

The question is, will it fit and, for those of you that may have done this swap, can you please comment on fitment, fabrication, potential gotchas, etc.? My '05 currently has 176k on the odo. and, just as a precautionary measure, I'd like to have a spare in the garage that can be turbo'ed as an option down the road. Is this a viable option? For the price, seems like the best return on investment.

As always, thanks for any/all feedback.

That is a K24A in the link, not a K20A. Also, unless they have done a 360 recently, I would not buy from tiger japanese.

I would assume its this one:

K24A3

* Found in:
    o 2003-2007 Honda Accord (Europe and Japan) and 2003-2007 Honda Accord Euro CL9 (Australia)
    + Displacement: 2354 cc
    + Bore and Stroke: 87 mm x 99 mm (3.43x3.90 inches)
    + Compression: 10.5:1
    + Power: 189 hp (140 kW) @ 6800 rpm
    + Torque: 164.5 ft·lbf (223 N·m) @ 4500 rpm
    + Redline: 7400 rpm
    + VTEC Engagement: 6000rpm

Thanks for the heads up AE_Racer. Had no idea they had that kind of reputation. Do a list of trusted JDM suppliers exist on this site or do you yourself have a "go-to" list?

Best thing to do if you're looking online is find an engine on ebay and then google search the seller. www.hmotorsonline.com has an excellent reputation iirc, so worth checking there.

Thread Information