Close

K20a3 GoodBye Dyno

Well 203k...and i'm itching to put my new a2 built block in...but thought i'd give a dyno and respect to my a3 block vtec killer one more time... 8600 rpm on a block that "everyone" said would break...thanks honda for over building stuff...and thanks pioneers for trying "unique" ways to make your car fast and different...I copied a lil out of all of ya to get some respect for that a3 block...
    not bad for a Econo build....195/149...crv head/k20a3 block...oem s cams/kpoo/i/h/e.

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...57&oe=54C38841

Looks damn good... and thanks for posting this up. There is hope for the a3 and peeps need to know.

Had to lose that wtq to gain that whp tho lol. Wish i could have revved mine out to 8600 to see what it would make...

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Who hated? I reved my a3 to 8700 with a jrsc and bc stage 2 cams. Never blew. I would've had ur back lol

U know folks naturally hate on the a3...that's dope u got to 8700...i think the a3 was limited by the head and valvetrain....it could of been beast with a crv head...and decent oem cams from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Who hated? I reved my a3 to 8700 with a jrsc and bc stage 2 cams. Never blew. I would've had ur back lol

People hate what they don't understand. The k20a3 Imo is a damn good motor.

I think you are absolutely correct...everyone becomes an internet mechanic because they 'heard' k20a3's can't handle revs, break, etc....i'm still waiting for my rods to break and i'm at 207k...i just wanted something newer...while the block is being built...i'm still daily driving the a3!

People hate what they don't understand. The k20a3 Imo is a damn good motor.

Thanks for sharing! I gotta ask - what happens to the the vtec killer head? Is it going on the a2 block? For sale?

I continued pushing that same engine also supercharged and its still pretty damn strong!!

Good to see the engine worked out for u

Quote Originally Posted by wcmbrk View Post
    I think you are absolutely correct...everyone becomes an internet mechanic because they 'heard' k20a3's can't handle revs, break, etc....i'm still waiting for my rods to break and i'm at 207k...i just wanted something newer...while the block is being built...i'm still daily driving the a3!
    Im curious if you ever did a compression test on your A3? I currently have my Si sitting around 170k miles and have an opportunity to purchase a CRV head with type S cams but am a little concerned about the current status of the engine.

Thread Information