Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ssr supercharger - speak up

The magnum powers kit is an add- on for any rsx/8th gen jrsc kit. It's a bigger SC, inlet, and adapter plate. Much like anything else- it will fit in an EP with some modification. If you don't already have a rsx/8th gen jrsc kit though- good luck finding the manifold and everything else that is needed to get it up and running. All jrsc kits have been discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYG_EP3 View Post
    I have considered the EMUSA kit but i also know that if i go that route I am going to have to replace the wastegate, BOV, turbo, and mani within the first 2 years which makes the realistic cost of owning it closer to $5000 (new turbo, mani, bov, wastegate, and tune). Plus i have heard that the piping they supply for the intercooler constantly comes apart because the ends are flat and smooth. The route i would go with if i turbo'd would be a precision turbo, quality sidewinder manifold, tial wastegate and bov, and either custom intercooler piping or the greddy intercooler kit. plus KPro, injectors, fuel pump, and tune isnt gonna be cheap. Plus i wouldnt want to install a turbo on my own where as a SC i would consider doing the install and then getting it tuned.
    You would be one of the first guinea pigs to have this kit, do you really want to take that chance? Atleast the Emusa kit has been proven to work. You wont need to change the manifold; its cast iron, and you can make more power on a log manifold then most stock motors can handle. If you really only want good parts; then just buy the Emusa downpipe, manifold, and intercooler kit seperate. Or buy the kit cheaper without the bov and wastegate and replace the turbo later on. Add it up on paper you'll see you can get everything minus the tune and turbo for less then 2500. add 750 if you want a good turbo and you still would spend less then the cost of this supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
    You would be one of the first guinea pigs to have this kit, do you really want to take that chance? Atleast the Emusa kit has been proven to work. You wont need to change the manifold; its cast iron, and you can make more power on a log manifold then most stock motors can handle. If you really only want good parts; then just buy the Emusa downpipe, manifold, and intercooler kit seperate. Or buy the kit cheaper without the bov and wastegate and replace the turbo later on. Add it up on paper you'll see you can get everything minus the tune and turbo for less then 2500. add 750 if you want a good turbo and you still would spend less then the cost of this supercharger.
    What mileage did u install your EMUSA kit Tumble weed?

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    That kit looks like it's using a CT Engerneering manifold with an adapter plate for a larger Sc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information