Hi everyone-
I've got a general question that I hope can be solved here. I've owned my EP3 for nearly six years that have been trouble free. I hope I do not have a new problem in the description below.

It's my head lights ( I own an '05). They will brighten an dim at random times. Seems to happen most while sitting in stop-and-go traffice when the engine is under different loads. I have a scan gauge that is able to tell me lots of things happening with the engine, voltage being one of them. The voltage generally hangs above 12 volts, and doesnt have any battery issues. The range is between 14-12 volts. This seems to indicate a healthy alternator, right?

However, when voltage gets to 12v, the lights dim, loosing a decent amount of visible light. My headlights are relayed too, and the dimming is also present when I run the lights using stock wiring.

There are no CELs. The battery is good.
Is there a cause for concern for the voltage drop and subsequent dropoff in light output? I've searched and most hits lead to an electronic load distributor. Would this be the source of this issue?

TLDR: Lights flicker with varying voltage, no CEL, no battery issues. No obvious problems with alternator.

Thanks, I 'm looking forward to everyone's input.