Close

Thumbs up Sold my EP3 this Week, Had to Get a Worthy Replacement

So sad to see her go. Had my ep since 2007, was second owner. Lots of history with the buy, the build, and racing. With life getting so busy with work, kids, fiance and house didn't really have time for her anymore. She was just sitting in the garage most of the time, due to me worrying about messing her up, wrecking her, etc. Its kind of what I imagine owning a Ferrari must be like, contant worry that you car will be touched, dinged, messed with, stolen, etc.

After the initial buy, I did what anyone would do, put on an exhaust and intake. Then came wheels. After that, I got a better job and started saving for the RevHard turbo kit. At this point, I became much more active on the forums, as I learned more and more about the car. After a few months, has saved up enough to get it going. Box that came in the mail was massive, and heavy. Put on entire turbo kit in my dads driveway in one weekend. Was one of the most crazy installations I had ever done. It was about 100 degrees outside, and the car and parts were not being cooperative. Finally got it done and got it tuned about 1 week later. Car made 257 on a Mustang dyno. Started racing the car at the track. Right before I had her dynod, someone backed into the side of my car and drove off. Insurance would not cover the damage, as my deductable was $1000 to save on insurance, and have more $$$ towrads upgardes. Kind of sucked.

About 5 months after I had the kit installed, I was racing a cobra mustang at the track when the motor blew up. Missed a shift and Kpro failed to activate the rev limiter. Valve met piston at 8700 rpms and that was the end of the k20a3. Had to call my dad and have her towed home. Kind of sucked.

After the car blew up, I went and bought a old ass mazda millenia with leather, torn seats and broken electronics for $1800. Hated that car, leaked oil, was horribly slow and was not my style at all. During this time period, I was putting in massive overtime (sometimes 80 hour weeks) to get my baby back on the road. Started to compile a parts list, and see what I could make happen. Found a 2007 civic si head and intake manifold for $1300 like new. Ordered the sidemount manifold. Buddy that owns a shop called and said he had a 2008 crv k24 with less than 5000 miles for $400. Bought that shit right away. After that, got rods, pistons rings, turbo, intercooler, wheels, brakes, piping, and all the other stuff. Build took just under 2 years. At this time, got the car fixed where the guy had backed into me, and had the shop machine all the motor parts so they were like new. Got everything assembled, and got my baby back home.

Started racing the car about 2 months after build. Could never get traction, so most of my runs were high 12's low 13's etc. Car was an absolute beast to drive on the street or from a roll. Would get crazy under full throttle. After a while, plates expired because I had issues with emissions. Kpro was not working correctly, so even when I set everything to ready it would not pass. Car began to sit more and more. Never driven in snow or rain, so she sat and sat and sat.

Famile got bigger, life focus changed to family and personal business. Decided it was time to get rid of my Silvia. (my satin silver metallic ep3's name). It was such a crazy decision, and though process. I mean here was a car that toook up so much of my time, and effort, and money, and frustration, and excitement. And I was going to sell. Put her on CL, put her on many forums, had no hits. Finally I got a message from a guy that sounded really exicted on Craigslist. He talked about how he had a car like mine that he had tried to build, and that someone had totalled it. Spoke a while, and he finally came through about 2 weeks later after his insurance company cut him a check for his old car. Then, I let her go...my Silvia was no longer mine, she now belonged to someone else. I never forget how I felt signing the title, and how she sounded driving off. I stayed outside and listened until I couldn't hear her anymore. Here she is pulling off. Last time I ever saw her.

Guy next to car is current owner.

So I needed a replacement. God, what an undertaking. How do I replace what I just had, that can feel great on the road, still feel fast, and not buy something that is riced out and obnoxious? So I began looking.....and looking...and looking. Pissed off my significant other pretty bad, as my car search was taking a lot of my time. Looked at everything under the sun. BMW 5 series, bmw 3 series, infiniti M series (m35 and m45), acura tl, lexus is250, but none of them really were what I was looking for, even tho the M45 infiniti was suoer nice. Almost pulled the trigger, then the dealer had a delivery show up while I was standing there. Was almost ready to sign papers. Was debating if it was worth it, then this stopped me dead in my tracks. Walked right up to delivery guy, and said that I was waiting on this car, and immediately took it for a test drive, lol. About an hour later, she was mine. Same color, same wheel color, same feeling of excitement as I drove her home. What was it? Here she is:

Needless to say, I love it. Also wanted to thank all the EpHatch members who communicated with me during the build, and friends that I made along the way.

bye bye ep3

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    bye bye ep3
    Went to a good owner. Honda guy that had been looking for one for a while.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Welcome to the no more ep3 club lol. Nice replacement

At least its an S.

Thread Information