Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be Ep3sy's ep3

Thanks man.

yeah I've looked at the fortunes and really like them, but unfortunately I actually have to lower my budget due to the urgency.

New grille. Really liking it. Think ill be sticking with it for a while.

Apologies if my updates aren't too exciting. Hoping to get a set of coil overs installed within the next month or two. ill have some better updates when that time comes. Also plan on making a set of mud flaps to throw on. with all the melting snow, the salt and dirt has just been horrible. just hope ill be able to nail that solid rally look. Anyways, thanks for looking

Hey guys, been super busy with school so haven't given the forum much attention. So close to getting my degree though!

Anyways, im actually looking for some possible input on these coilovers i plan on buying. http://thmotorsports.com/megan-racin.../i-128255.aspx. I posted over in the suspension section but got no replies.

They are the Megan Racing- street series coilovers, 32-way adjustable. i dont plan on ever going over a 1.5" drop and because it will be winter here soon i will only be doing a 1" drop for now. I've heard decent reviews on this brand in general in the past, just looking for some thoughts/ opinions.

I've made some changes to the car too so will probably just do one big update once i get the coilovers installed.

Thanks in advance for any input.

They are an alright coil system.

Why not try out racelands ultimos system. Heard good things and fraction of the cost

I'm honestly just too nervous to bite the bullet with that brand. heard some real horror stories about them. Some even going as far as saying the strut had completely snapped. 1 horror story is 1 too many. plus I already feel like I'm cheeping out enough as it is haha.

An alright system will work for me. My suspension now is just terrible and i really need a fix so a mild upgrade is all I'm looking for.

Would you suggest purchasing anything else along with the kit? maybe roller bearings?

I appreciate the response.

Got my coilovers!! thanks to kseriesparts for quick, free shipping.

Just waiting on a buddy to get time so we can install them in his shop.

anything i should know before we tackle the job? he's got a lot of experience with suspension but maybe something specific to this brand or our car?

Finally got my coils in. Absolutely love them. The ride feels like I bought a new car. She handles so smooth now. and looks so pretty.
    see for yourself!

Keep in mind this is just the set up for the winter. At about a 1" all around drop for now. come spring ill probably lower it about another half inch and adjust the camber accordingly. I also threw on some mock up rear mudflaps to test out the look. I really like em so ill be making a final model for front and back.

Enjoy!

before

After

Before

After

New rims and tires will most likely be next. ill post up some more pictures once the mudflaps are completed. thanks for looking.

So i slid my car into a curb the other day. Swerved around a woman who slid through a stop sign, and lost control. Started siding straight towards a guard rail so i ripped the e brake, slid sideways, tried to power out of it but gave a curb a nice whack with my two right tires.

$1300 later and im back on the road. im hearing a noise coming from the rear that could either be a wheel bearing or a bent rim causing the tire to make the noise. because i heard nothing at all before the crash im assuming the latter.

that being said, once i can save up the cash my plan is to get an all new set of rims and tires. im now 1300 in the hole so it might be some time before that happens. if anybody knows a good deal hook me up!

Anyways thats my story for ya.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information