Close

which clutch should i get?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone recommended a particular clutch. I have an 03 si which the greddy turbo kit running about 9psi. I believe the clutch that is in there now is an act but not sure of the specifics. Also, i have an act streetlite flywheel. Any input or experiences would be helpful.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaEp3 View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone recommended a particular clutch. I have an 03 si which the greddy turbo kit running about 9psi. I believe the clutch that is in there now is an act but not sure of the specifics. Also, i have an act streetlite flywheel. Any input or experiences would be helpful.

Thanks.
    Do u have an idea as to how much power your making? HP or TRQ specs may assist in a recommendation.

I believe based on research that the RSX-S-Clutchmasters Stage 2 6puck will do u just fine.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    I've heard good things about the stage 2 competition clutch depending on how much power you're getting you may want to go higher stg 3 or 4.

I need a clutch as well for my 03. Stock engine. But would like to put something better than stock clutch back in. Anymore more suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
    spazhead

RSX type s OEM Clutch & lighter Aftermarket Flywheel. Check out Ebay for a combo. Just kno that if u choose to go RSX-sclutch , u will need the RSX-s flywheel.

I did this combo from ebay, with a 11lb flywheel when my 02 ep3 stock went out at 175,000 km. Now i am at 200,000+ km. By far better clutch package, great for downshifting, rev matching and no issues getting into gears at redline.

Thought i needed to change my Slave Cylinder and CMC, but after the clutch change am sold on the RSX-s package.

For your turbo I would recommend an Exedy Stage 2 OR an Exedy Hyper Single and the Copm 11 lb flywheel... As for your stock, looking for something a bit better than OE replacement get the combo I posted a pic of above... The Exedy Stage 1 Clutch 08806 & Comp 11lb flywheel 2-800-ST, I use this with my NA K24a2 and love it. It's got plenty of holding power and shifts great with some nice grab and a slightly stiffer pedal feel.

The MFactory clutch/fly looks very interesting. If I boost this might be the clutch I get.

BEWARE where you buy your clutch from. Buy from an authorized dealer/forum vendor. Many eBay sellers will switch out the throw out bearing with a cheap knock off part. Make sure you get a Japanese made bearing like is supposed to be when you get Exedy clutches. That goes for any bearings you may need, get Japanese bearings like OEM or Koyo.

competition clutch.
    If you're going to put the money down though, you may as well go for the stage 4 , 6 puck, sprung
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

Thread Information