Close

Question K20a3 rebuild questions

I blew my K20A3 SI Motor, I need a replacement that I can boost. I am not looking for maximum boost, I just want to put my investment back on the road and have fun. Looking for an EP3 motor has been difficult, but i have seen alot of RSX K20A3's out there and from what i can tell there is no difference in appearance, the compression is the same the intakes are different, not that i care that much about that, i like aluminum : ) Is there any reason why i should not pickup an RSX motor and drop that in? is there something I am missing or are these motors identical besides a few little non critical differences?

If there is a thread on this somewhere please post... Thanks
    Last edited by Rep; 05-25-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Welcome to the site! This topic has been discussed before. Check out the engine section and search from there.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerflame View Post
    I blew my K20A3 SI Motor, I need a replacement that I can boost. I am not looking for maximum boost, I just want to put my investment back on the road and have fun. Looking for an EP3 motor has been difficult, but i have seen alot of RSX K20A3's out there and from what i can tell there is no difference in appearance, the compression is the same the intakes are different, not that i care that much about that, i like aluminum : ) Is there any reason why i should not pickup an RSX motor and drop that in? is there something I am missing or are these motors identical besides a few little non critical differences?

If there is a thread on this somewhere please post... Thanks
    Post date and last edited by Rep date are so off. Is this question from 2015 or 2009?

Your title says rebuild, and your question is about a motor swap(well replacement)If you are in fact looking to swap out the a3 for another a3 I would suggest looking at a k24a1 or a4. They are probably the same price as an k20a3 but can handle more boost, which seems to be your goal.

Thread Information