Close

HKS Circle Earth Ground System

What are you thoughts on this system? I know that the purple is kinda gay but it is still HKS......oooooooohhhhhhhhh

http://www.hksusa.com/products/Defau...06&vid=1386323

ephatch member
    Well I have it, but like the sign says, its not installed yet. I've been lazy. I dont know where people get off saying that they gain HP, Its really just to make the electronics work a little better.

can you guy's post any "how to" directions and maybe some pics when you install this wires...im planning on getting one of this and if i do, im gonna install it my self...thanks

wouldnt this grounding kit serve the same purpose as the grounding cables being sold by one of the members here on the forum ???

its one of the stickys on the engine forum...

p.s. alot cheaper too, think he was selling em for 40+ shipped.

basically the shortest distance to ground is best, ...In a nut shell thats what all these systems are doing... (in a nutshell)

Im selling the homemade version. made for the EP si...
    whether or not it makes power i wont argue i have my own thoughts and have shared them many times.

it comes dowm to this.
    you either want the "name brand" system or you want a "no name system" that effectivly does the same thing yet at a much more reasonable cost....
    OR if you are a good DIY'r do a little bit of research on the net, get out a multimeter, and make a set of your own :) --- Joe ....
    Last edited by 02blksi; 02-11-2003 at 05:47 PM.

HKS earthing system on a JDM type R

http://homepage3.nifty.com/potepote/earthing.htm

Thumbs up

I just ordered a set from Joe, I should be installing them this weekend and will put up a post with pictures and any difference. Order from him, there less than half the cost, you get a color that matches our car, and you know there gonna be quality...do a search.

02blksi's kit has like 3 wires and the hks kit has like 20. so the hks kit not only replaces the stock grounds but also adds to them? can anybody confirm this? me and my friend have a bunch of 8 gauge and even some 4 gauge wires. we are thinking of replacing the stockers with some 4 gauge and adding a few 8 gauges probably where the hks kit puts theirs. what do you guys think? 4 gauge too much?:)

4 gauge is WAAAAAYYY overkill. 8 gauge is best and is the same size as OEM...

HkS circle the earth system IMO is really not even somewhat effective IMO...

HKS circle the earth bascially daisy chains 5 (not 20) components, and brings them all back to the battery negative. effectivly looping all the components together.... I dont really see how this setup is ANY different than the OEM setup. (every component is grounded to negative battery)... The whole idea behind my kits was to ground the components that had none present. also all the wires are SHORT so that they are closer than the oem ground...

as we all know grounds should be minimal distance... that is why my kits are different than the hks circle the earth..

if you want JDM bling bling and a brand name BUY HKS
    if you want a similar kit for alot less buy my kit
    If you want to make your own kit and save even more money, do some research a grounding kit is a grounding kit you know.

ahhhh well, good luck everyone --joe :)

yeah i was thinking the 4 gauge was a little much. maybe i'll convice my friend to throw it on our other friend's wrx, first. :) if and whenever we get around to doing my car ill post pics.

on another note... you throw those rims on your car yet, joe?

hahha not yet man, i still have them sitting in the basement, waiting to be installed, actually im waiting till the snow melts hahah... --Sucks living in New England :( --Joe :)

The buddy club grounding kit has 3 wires, where are the best place to ground those 3 wires? 2 wires are a bit longer but one is pretty short

Quote Originally Posted by irrational View Post
    What are you thoughts on this system? I know that the purple is kinda gay but it is still HKS......oooooooohhhhhhhhh

http://www.hksusa.com/products/Defau...06&vid=1386323
    yeah i am not feeling the color purple, but eh brand brand. HKS ahah

Quote Originally Posted by kadafi View Post
    HKS earthing system on a JDM type R

http://homepage3.nifty.com/potepote/earthing.htm
    That link is not in english.

DIY for way less and you can get a better looking color than purple.

hate to beat the dead and decayed horse, but there was a nice write up on how to make your own grounding kit. i think it was carbon fiber desire who did it? idk.

Thread Information