Close

AeroCatch hood pins on a Fiber Images carbon fiber hood.

AeroCatch hood pins on a Fiber Images carbon fiber hood W/ pics of pins and latch placement under hood:
    Had my Fiber Images cf hood painted and installed AeroCatch locking hood pins sense we removed the heavy hood latch due to fitment issues and removed hood sprayers for a cleaner look.
    I had to get used to them but I like the look now. Some pins are real ugly looking but I kinda like these AeroCatch ones. And if you want to reduce weight you will want to remove the heavy ass hood latch and then you will need pins. I needed them for fitment issues and the weight reduction just happened...if you have ever had that hood latch mechanism out of the car you would see just how very heavy it really is.
    *****This is a definite theft deterrent also*****
    AeroCatch How It Works Video :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmDJQpp18k
    Buy AeroCatch Hood Pins Here : http://www.crowderscustomizing.com/A…/aerocatch_120-2100.htm

Left hood pin mechanism.

Right hood pin mechanism.

Hood latch mechanism removed.

Let pin.

Right pin.

I wonder how much the latch and two hinge mechanisms weigh. I've never seen them weighed.

I should weigh mine. I will get around to it and repost. When I had it out, in my hands, it was heavy, I would guess about 4lbs.

I'm wondering what could be pulled off and still keep the oem hood. I'm very close to doing this, just need a bigger Dremel or whatever to cut the interior hood metal. The hood is 27 lbs., I believe, not sure what that includes. Including the latch, hinge, springs, and cutting of the hood, I'm guessing at about 15 lbs.. I also want to cut a couple of vents to pull air flow from below the car.

I have a Fiber Images cf hood and it has held up pretty good...the pins hold it in place well. I'm curious as to why you don't replace the stock hood with a cf hood. I still have my stock hood and I would also consider reusing it if I ever had the need to, like if this cf hood gets ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Murphy View Post
    I have a Fiber Images cf hood and it has held up pretty good...the pins hold it in place well. I'm curious as to why you don't replace the stock hood with a cf hood. I still have my stock hood and I would also consider reusing it if I ever had the need to, like if this cf hood gets ruined.
    I'm on too tight of a budget right now for a cf hood.

*****This is a definite theft deterrent also*****

Thread Information