Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best coilovers PERIOD! Tread

I'm gonna ask the right way (here) . With everything happening on FB lately we need to revive this forum; I don't want to see it die, it's a great resource and place to learn about our cars. I feel that some people are just too lazy to be real "enthusiasts" and don't understand what this community is here for and why. Sssssooooooo...........

First I want to set the record straight on coilovers. Not the best under $1k thing I mean BEST. Period. End of story.

Now I know MOST cost less than $2000 ( Tein w/ EDFC ). And over winter I have saved a lot of money to lower my car the right way (and paint the car, winter killed my front bumper) but I need knowledge from the Ep family. So I ask the forum:

WHAT IS THE BEST COILOVER MONEY CAN BUY FOR THE EP3?

Thank you, and no trolls please.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Almost impossible to know for sure. Everyone has their opinions based on their experience. Christian has some JRZ coilovers that I think he spent like 4-5k on. Im sure those are non comparable to anything in mass production. I have seen ohlins float around here but haven't seen any real reviews on them. I have the buddy club rsds and thats the stiffest spring rates, to my knowledge, you can buy that's not custom. I enjoy them on the track very much however daily driving kind of sucks. So in all reality the "best" really depends on what you want. Do you want a good daily set up, do you want what goes the lowest, something to survive rough winters, best for track or something to drive on shitty roads?

I'm looking for a good daily set up that I can adjust for 2-3 autocross events a year. I just want a quality setup and won't be going lower than 1 3/4 inches or so

Do you have an idea of what you want to spend? Anything less than $1500 is more or less the same. My buddy is on tien super streets and he likes them a lot for both daily and tracking. He said they are a little soft in the front for road courses but I can imagine they would be great for auto cross. I drove his car on the track once and I thought they felt nice.

Really I'm between 1500 and 2000 to spend. I commute 100+ miles a day in Massachusetts and Rhode island, so a "tough" or reliable coilover would be nice

he has had the super streets for a long time with no issues. The buddy clubs do have some where. The N+s might be nice. I have also heard some good things about the fortune autos. Hopefully Alex or Aaron can charm in with their experience thus far.

So far this is what I can see coils ranking as:

Under $1000

Racelands 🌟
    Skunk2 🌟
    Tein basic 🌟🌟

Under $2000
    Tein street adv🌟🌟🌟
    Tein ss 🌟🌟🌟🌟
    Tein Mono Flex 🌟🌟🌟
    BuddyClub N+ 🌟🌟🌟
    BuddyClubRace🌟🌟🌟
    Bc racing 🌟🌟🌟🌟
    Fortune auto 🌟🌟🌟🌟
    K Sport 🌟🌟
    KW version 2 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Did this off the top of my head, so I'm missing a lot and this is only based on what I've heard. Hopefully some more experianced guys can chime in

aspec is a nice option for under $1000 but its not adjustable. The buddy club rsds are a little higher end than the N+. Maybe fortune autos would be above the BC Racings. I think the Tien mono flex is a little stiffer than the super streets also.

That's ranking for overall quality. I want good adjustability with mildly stiffer than stock spring rate. I can't do half stars or BuddyClub Race would be 3.5 . I'll fix the teins

I would suggest the super streets or the fortune autos with swift springs. Based on what you want they should be nice.

I'm between the super streets and bc racing ( haven't looked into the
    bc's yet, but they come highly recommended)

Anything you would add to the list?

Progress has coils for like $1600 I think. Havent heard anything about them. The BC's you can also get custom springs IIRC.

a little more info on spring rates and coils http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=564642

Megan straight arms are great too! I forgot about those.

I'm at work now have shitty service

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information