Close

Thread: Terrible Idling

Terrible Idling

Hey fellow hatchers, I have had a little issue with my ep3's idling. It started out by choking itself out during a normal idle, I have cleaned out the related hoses as well as the entire throttle body and the idle air control valve, I also checked the spark plugs which are in great
    condition. I have been reading up on this issue and it seems it could be a number of things. Can anyone shed some insight into this, or share a similar experience?

Thanks

Nevermind this thread! Fixed it up

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFish View Post
    Nevermind this thread! Fixed it up
    how'd you do it?
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

The issue was the camshaft sensor, I spoke to a mechanic I know and trust very much, he told me that there could be a large number of issue that
    cause idling problems or complications. He took it for a diagnostic, and that was the code he got for it, mine was apparently poorly connected and I replaced it,
    VIOLA. Also my cleaning of the throttle body/Idle air control valve pushed it in the right direction. It runs like new!

For anyone who is interested, he told me about the sensor, as well as the crankshaft sensor, which works together with the camshaft s. and if either of them are faulty, this problem will occur, If both are faulty at the same time, the engine won't even start. Luckily my problem was the camshaft s. because it is right on the side of the housing, which is easily accessed by removing the intake assembly. The crankshaft s. is below, and much more difficult to get too.

Thread Information