Close

Toms Milano Red UKDM Kanjo Type-R

Hello guys, this is the story behind my Kanjo EP3...

The story began in July 2013. After owning my Nighthawk Black EP2 for a year, I craved more power, and after toying around with the idea of throwing a K20 into the EP2. I felt it would be easier to just buy an EP3 as essentially they come K-Swapped from the factory! So after coming into some money I was on the hunt, I went to look at some dogs. Preface and facelift models with a good friend of mine Mike.

We travelled as far as Birmingham, and living in Bristol at the time, that was an epic roadtrip. All of them turned out to be either crashed, ran with no oil, or just in terrible condition. So the hunt continued.

I went back to work for the week, before coming across what looked to be a nice unmolested Milano Red model in South Wales. It was sat on cheap unbranded coilovers and stupidly low to the ground, but I went to view anyway, ended up parting with my money, and drove it home.

I knew she needed work, so the first job was to get those god awful coilovers off, and fit some Tein 30mm Springs and OEM Shocks. The car felt a whole lot better, but I kind of missed the low life, even though it was a pain to even get anywhere!

After attending a few meets, including Mimms, when it was held at South Mimms services, I got some great inspiration. I put a custom catback system from Infinity Exhausts on, which produces an awesome noise.

This is where I started hanging round with Martin, Kelly and Ben at Jap Legends-UK, Andy and Gaz at HeavySet, Adam at 6TWO1 among many others.

I'd always liked the Kanjo/Motorsport look, and had never really seen it done to an EP before, so work began.

With the help from Martin, Kelly and Ben. We stripped the interior. Fitted the Sparco Sprint 5 fixed bucket seat, Buddyclub Super Low rails and a Genuine Takata Drift-II Harness. Andy helped me fit the OMP Wheel, B&G Quick Release and MOMO Boss. An epic interior to say the least. Normally I don't run a passenger seat at shows for that Motorsport look...

The outside was given the same treatment, a set of MeisterR Zeta R Coilovers, Eibach Camber Arms and Bolts fitted by Martin, a Stuke Designs front splitter, Fiberworx Rad Duct (Inspired by Mitch Flanagans Satin Silver EP3), Square JDM Size number plates. A Mugen Rear wing with maximum tilt. BEAKS Rear Tie bar among other things.

I managed to find my Lenso Spec C's from a friend for a low price freshly refurbed. Got them home and wrapped them in some Falken Ziex 914's.

The car now sits as you see it today. I attend shows all over the country with it (When i'm not away with the Submarine Service). We've been through ups and downs. But I wouldn't want to change it. I've wanted to own one since I was 9, owning one on Gran Turismo 4, and thinking, one day I will own one.

Future plans include engine work, KPro, RBC Inlet Manifold, Skunk2 Throttle Body, Skunk2 Cams, DC5 Gearbox etc... Aiming for 240BHP N/A by JAE this year.

My thanks go to, Martin, Kelly and Ben at Jap-Legends UK. Andy at Heavyset, Gaz and Martin at Jokehoes UK, Adam at 6TWO1, Tony and James at JSP, The lads on the Submarine, My Brother Lawrence, My Crew(Jack, Max, Alex, Lawr, Brian, Chaz) and finally to my dad for making me love everything about engines, and without of him none of this would of happened.

Thats the story then guys. On to the pics...

When I first bought her...

Now...

Hope you enjoy, will post back with regular updates, UK EP3 sites suck...

Spec:

Engine:
    Infinity Exhausts Custom 3" Catback
    K&N Typhoon
    K-Tuned Spark Plug Cover
    OEM Wrinkle Red Rocker Cover
    Tegiwa Kevlar Inlet Manifold Cover
    TEGIWA Clutch and Brake Reservoir Socks
    6TWO1 Oil Cap

Suspension/Handling:
    MeisterR ZetaR Coilovers
    Eibach Camber Arms
    Eibach Camber Bolts
    JSP Track Rod Ends
    Function7 LCA's
    BEAKS* Rear Tie Bar
    Lenso Spec C Alloys: 17x7J 5x114.3
    Falken Ziex 914 Tires (White Lettering)
    Ultra Racing Front Strut Brace
    JDMGRAM Rear Strut Brace
    JDMGRAM Rear C-Pillar Brace
    OEM Brake discs
    EBC Yellow Stuff Pads
    HEL Braided Brake lines (Red)
    Exterior:
    STUKE Designs Custom Front Splitter w/ Adjustable Tie Rods
    OEM Grille sprayed Black
    Fiberworx Rad Duct Intake
    Relocated JDM Size front numberplate
    TEGIWA Vented Carbon Fibre Bonnet
    CivicScene Door Number Boards
    Rear Tinted Windows
    Mugen Style Rear Spoiler
    TEGIWA Rear Tow Hook
    De-wipered Boot
    JDM Size Rear Numberplate
    Interior:
    Rear Fully Stripped
    Sparco Sprint 5 Seat (Red)
    Genuine Takata Drift II Harness
    Buddy-Club Super Low Rail
    MOMO Boss Kit
    B&G Quick Release
    OMP Dished Steering wheel
    Heavyset Neochrome gear knob
    Alpine Headunit
    Centre Console sprayed red
    Door handles sprayed red
    Red Floor mats
    6TWO1 Wide Rear View Mirror

Love the red

How was figment of the fiber word rad duct?

hell yea! JOKEHOES in the house! XD

Thread Information