Close

P0341 code. PLS HELP!

Hi. My 2002 SI showing a P0341 code and i check which is camshaft position sensor a circuit range / performance. Anyone know how to fix this problem? now my car cannot idle. Do i need to sent to the shop? or DIY. I live in Las Vegas area if you guys know some one can fix this problem with reasonable price pls lemme kno. Thank you for help guys!

You need a new CPS (camshaft positions sensor). I have a several used ones laying around if you need one. Worked when pulled, I can make sure they work by testing them in my Element.

You only need a 10mm socket or wrench to do the job. Pull the clip on the affected sensor, loosen the 10mm hex bolt and pull the sensor in a straight out fashion. It's located on the air intake side of the cylinder head, it's directly below the valve cover breather tube, that's the tube that connects to your air intake box or pipe.
    Last edited by Guardian; 05-27-2009 at 08:00 PM.

You need a new CPS (camshaft positions sensor). I have a several used ones laying around if you need one. Worked when pulled, I can make sure they work by testing them in my Element.

You only need a 10mm socket or wrench to do the job. Pull the clip on the affected sensor, loosen the 10mm hex bolt and pull the sensor in a straight out fashion. It's located on the air intake side of the cylinder head, it's directly below the valve cover breather tube, that's the tube that connects to your air intake box or pipe.

Sound easy to do it. Can you pls pm me for the info? I think I need a new sensor. Thank you.
    Last edited by MugsyTheGr8; 05-27-2009 at 08:09 PM.

P0341 code. PLS HELP!

It's almost never the sensor. Do not buy it until you check the VTC solenoid valve. If you look in the service manual it refers you to check the VTC solenoid module, remove it, clean it and check for operation. I did that and it runs great now. Honestly it's a 20 minute fix. The solenoid has a screen that gets clogged or enough debris builds up over time and hold the valve open. So if it won't idle it's because your intake shaft is in VTEC at idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd send you photos but for some reason I have a low amount of data for uploading images.

I'd send you photos but for some reason I have a low amount of data for uploading images.

I will try to clean it first.....thank you

Thread Information