Close

Question New clutch and flywheel question.

So I purchased an Exedy oem clutch from a guy and flywheel. The package was KHC10 (I thought only fit RSX Type S) and a Seco 54025FX-HT flywheel. I asked him, hey, everyone says the KHC10 is for RSX Type S not for EP3s. He says it works. If you install this flywheel you need the KHC10 that is made for the Type S. He swears up and down it works. I haven't popped open my tranny yet and I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this before I open it up. I've seen other flywheels that look exactly like this Seco 1 but with other branded names but might just be the same. It was like F1 Racing or something. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    All I can tell you is if you have a dc5 clutch you need a dc5 flywheel.

Yea the type S clutch is khc10 and the 54025fx-ht (replica hf02 Exedy flywheel) is made for Type S as well as base/EP3. So, I installed it but it doesn't seem to work. I can't shift into gear while the car is on but when it is off, it shifts like butter. Anyone else got any ideas?

Nevermind everyone. It works perfectly fine. I was just an idiot and didn't notice that when I torqued the pressure plate to the flywheel at 19 lb torque, I didn't know it was like a spring. You have to torque it around, then go around and keep doing it until it stops being able to keep being torqued over and over. I guess when you do 1 side, the other side is not longer torqued correctly. After tearing it down again and doing this, everything worked out fine and drives great. Thanks for anyone viewing and good luck for anyone else swapping their clutch
    Last edited by s1eepiezZzZz; 06-26-2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by s1eepiezZzZz View Post
    Nevermind everyone. It works perfectly fine. I was just an idiot and didn't notice that when I torqued the pressure plate to the flywheel at 19 lb torque, I didn't know it was like a spring. You have to torque it around, then go around and keep doing it until it stops being able to keep being torqued over and over. I guess when you do 1 side, the other side is not longer torqued correctly. After tearing it down again and doing this, everything worked out fine and drives great. Thanks for anyone viewing and good luck for anyone else swapping their clutch
    Good job man! YOu did it! And yes the ep3 and rsx = same clutch and fly wheel but the type-s has to be clutch and flywheel for type-s.
    -JA

Thread Information