Close

Thread: tanabe

tanabe

im probly buying the tonabe racing medalion exhaust do you guys think this is a good exhaust for are cars?

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    A good friend of mine has one on his 2000 Civic coupe. It looks good and is great for performance. But, it is really loud. I mean, he can't stand to drive on the highway because of it. Don't plan on hearing too much of your stereo. I never did like how they come out at an angle under the bumper either. But that's a price you pay for high-performance exhaust systems. The piping has less bends, therefore allowing more freedom.

ephatch member
    its out for the 02 si now ? how much

beretta627
    Save yourself 5 bills and just get a free flowing muffler, unless you just like the way it looks.

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    Originally posted by beretta627
    Save yourself 5 bills and just get a free flowing muffler, unless you just like the way it looks.
    Then you don't get the performance side of replacing the exhaust system.

i will do custom piping. I like how it goes out to the side when i put my exhaust on im going to have a mean lean to the right i think it will look tight. actually i know it will(in my opinion of course). The tanabe will be out in like a month for like 6 bills but im going with a veilside titanium muffler (really light and Sweet sound) and custom piping. Veilside is a good company and this muffler is from japan i have never seen it on the streets around here.;) )

beretta627
    Originally posted by dustinhurley

Then you don't get the performance side of replacing the exhaust system.
    ->> free-flowing <<-

purchasing a cat-back for over $500+ makes no sense because you don't get shit for horsepower. a couple at best, unless you've already worked the engine that moves enough exhaust gasses to justify the larger piping. Even then, custom piping and a free flowing (read closely, free flowing) muffler will open up the exhaust and relieve the necessary amounts of backpressure.

if you only get a muffler you are NOT going to get the performance gains thare was nothing said about the custom piping. His comment was meant if you ONLY got a muffle than thare would be no performance gains.

atleast that is how i took it

Thread Information