Close

Cruise control issue

My 05 is starting to act up where the cruise control cuts out. I'll be driving with it on and then it just cuts out like it shut off. Sometimes shutting it off and turning it back on fixes it, sometimes I need to shut the car off completely. Anyone ever have the same issue? I am running a stock ECU if that matters.

never had that problem. maybe your foot is accidentily hitting the brake or clutch pedal.

I am not hitting anything. The light on the cluster actually still stays on as if cruise is still working. If you hit the brake or clutch this light goes out.

Mine just doesn't work half the time, shitty deal.

Bump, I just started having the same issue on my 05 as well, also the speedometer will jump for time to time. What I mean is with the cruise set at 80 the speedo will drop then jump right back up...

bit by the mod bug.. ohdamngetit's Avatar
    Now that is weird. My cruise control stopped working for a while. ( 02 EP3 ) Figured I didn't need it so I just said " whatever, I'll fix it later. " Come to find out, my horn didn't work either. I troubleshot it down to the clock spring behind the steering wheel to fix this. My SRS light was on as well.

Not sure if this info is gonna help anyone but I thought I'd chime in. GL.

I just checked my horn to make sure and it works fine, no srs lights. I guess I'll be chasing wires this weekend

I have no SRS lights or any dash lights on right now other than maintenance because I am too lazy to reset it. Never caused this issue before so I doubt it's related.

That's what I was thinking as well but I thought I would chime in with my experience. Could it possibly be the Cruise Control switch itself? Any local hatchers willing to swap switches for trial and error?

Quote Originally Posted by ohdamngetit View Post
    Now that is weird. My cruise control stopped working for a while. ( 02 EP3 ) Figured I didn't need it so I just said " whatever, I'll fix it later. " Come to find out, my horn didn't work either. I troubleshot it down to the clock spring behind the steering wheel to fix this. My SRS light was on as well.

Not sure if this info is gonna help anyone but I thought I'd chime in. GL.
    Damn i have the same issue with my ep...
    Srs light on, no cruise control or horn... Been like that since i bought it... Previous owner did have a ctr cluster tho so maybe he left wires unplugged? Idk but after 3 yrs it doesnt bother me...

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    Damn i have the same issue with my ep...
    Srs light on, no cruise control or horn... Been like that since i bought it... Previous owner did have a ctr cluster tho so maybe he left wires unplugged? Idk but after 3 yrs it doesnt bother me...
    I was actually very interested in CTR Clusters and never once read about or came across issues with the horn or cruise control not working haha. I'm almost positive it's your clock spring. I picked mines up used on Ebay $50 shipped. Just did a quick search, there's a few there.

I have noticed this issue with my Cruise Control over the past 2 summers. I only have problems on very hot days. I am able to set it and go, but it stops working as I go down the road. There doesn't seem to be any consistency to it other than the heat. I went all winter with no problems. Hope someone finds a solution.

It seems to me like some of you may have problems with your clockspring. It's a wire ribbon behind the wheel in a black and white cylinder. It makes sure you have contact for cruise, horn and srs. If it is broken, all 3 will stop working and srs light will come on.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever chase the wires? My horn works, no srs light, & my cruise control light comes on but never engages to set it.

Quote Originally Posted by ALep3 View Post
    I just checked my horn to make sure and it works fine, no srs lights. I guess I'll be chasing wires this weekend
    Did you ever chase the wires? My horn works, no srs light, & my cruise control light comes on but never engages to set it.

Thread Information