Close

Wiring Question...

Hey Pax or whoever can field this question...

I bought and wired two red neon tubez in my front footwells (after trying them under the seatz) well...herez the problem... i bought an illuminated switch for them, and idunno much bout this but...it doesnt turn off when i take my key out (itz wired str8 to my battery) so would the switch drain my battery?

also, i tried to wire it to the factory alarm harness (like u showed in ur DIY video) but there were 2 blue wires! and when i tried one it just did the same thing as the wire goin str8 to the battery... so is there a simpler way u could tell me to wire it so that the illuminated switch will light up only as acc?

thanx in advance!

-Mike

You tried both wires blue wires? one is allways on the other is on/off with switch.

hmm...okz i'll try the other blue one...but just incase... if the illuminated switch is alwayz on is it possible that it will drain my battery?

depends on how long its on for.... 3 days probely not.... acouple of weeks maybe. over night i wouldn't worry about it.

aiight, herez wha i did... i couldnt justify havin an illuminated switch (ew) so i went back to radio shack and got a regular push button...i re did all my wiring and now it seemz to be fine... i didnt try the other blue wire yet cuz it got dark and cold... so ima try 2morrow or somethin... thanx for all your help...

herez wha i lookz like as of now...;)

-Mike

Little on the blurry side, like the red look.:D

yeah itz kinda blurry, sorry... i was kneeling down and itz dim so... im glad u like the red...i knew i had to go with red neon cuz it would match all the stitching and all... :)

Glad you like it tho (glad u dont think itz "ricey" ... its pretty subtle... no strobing, or lightning, or anything too bright...just a nice glow...

-Mike

herez another pic...

Thread Information