Close

Keyless problems

Hello everyone Noob checking in.....

I have a issue with keyless entry.. when I got my used Ep it came with a factory Honda fob.... So I though everything was great.

while tracing wires under the dash I found an aftermarket alarms type system... So I trace lots of wires going into this black box(aftermarket control unit) . Now that I don't have the black box my keyless doesn't lock or unlock doors. When I click the fob lock unlock button the head lights flash, but nothing happens with door locks. Can anyone please send me a picture of the LOCATION of the Factory Security module. I believe mine was removed to install aftermarket alarm. P.S. I have a large green plug under my drivers side dash panel which I think gets plug into module I'm missing. Any help with a picture location would be greatly appreciated.....

When you press lock/unlock does it work on the rear hatch door ? If that's the case then the problem might lie with the door actuators.

Nothing happened besides the headlights flashing.... And I just cant believe that all three actuators would go out at the same time... When the aftermarket box was in I could lock the doors with the fob, but had to unlock the doors with the key, which was the whole reason I started digging into the dash. Now that I've removed the aftermarket black box nothing works.

I hit the fob lock or unlock the head lights flash but nothing happens at the doors..... When I use the key in the doors I.E. drivers door turn it once drivers door unlocks, turn again and all three doors unlock... which I want to say actuators are working.... I'm stumped

I'm not sure how much help this will be but here is the electrical schematic and photo of the location of the keyless receiver. The connector is a 5 pin connector with 4 wires running to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information