Close

Thread: Sunroof leak

Sunroof leak

Posted this on ephatch's facebook group, for anyone else in the future that's having problems I'm posting it here:

Welp, we've been getting an insane amount of rain and I was looking forward to seeing a dry interior, but the hatch is leaking again. Nowhere near as much as before I cleaned out and snipped those drain hose connector things but still a little. The water is still coming from the same spot in the rear passenger side hatch. Any ideas of what else I could do? I'm thinking of putting some kind of rubber sealant around it and/or where the hose plugs in, and where it plugs into the quarter panel. Unless I left it without putting it back on 100% plugged in, which I'm hoping it was just a simple mistake like that, I'm basically lost. Suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated.

For reference these are the drain hose plugs that go into the quarter panel.

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    I know there have been issues with the welds in the rear quarter panels being a problem. I have read this numerous times. Check that out.
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

Quote Originally Posted by 2004ep3hatch View Post
    I know there have been issues with the welds in the rear quarter panels being a problem. I have read this numerous times. Check that out.
    Pics for reference? Not 100% sure where youre talking about.
    On a side note I put rubber sealant around the hose plug (pictured) above, on the inside and out. I ran about 36oz of water thru the sunroof and no leaks and none from the rainy weather so far.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    I will have to ask who I thought had this problem. That's why I said the welds in the wheel wells in the rear. But I'm not sure now that I think about it.
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

Thread Information