Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

VONG'S 02ssmEP3EVE

Hows it going EP Hatchers,

Always loved the EP3 Chassis ever since I was a kid and couldn't wait until I was old enough to afford one. Now here I am with my 02 SSM EP3. Thought I do a build thread on mine too, not the best looking one nor the fastest, but I want to get there eventually. Being a college student, my funds are tight, but I will always make way for car parts. Well, here's 'EVE' at her current state.

EP3EVE
    2002 Satin Silver Metallic

Exterior:

DIY 04-05 DEPO Painted Headlights (Black and Amber)
    JDM Stanley Side Markers and Front Red 'H' Emblem
    JDM Preface Mugen Front
    UBEYMADE Canards
    JDM OEM Rear Bumper
    JDM OEM Sideskirts
    Mugen Rep Wing
    DIY Painted Rear 04-05 Taillights
    Painted Brake Calipers
    Windshield Banners/Decals lol

Wheels:
    Kosei K1 16x7.5 +43
    Hankook Ventus V2 205/50's

Interior:
    Type R Shift boot and knob
    DIY Type R Seat
    DIY Red Door Inserts
    DIY Red Carpets
    Custom Painted Red VC
    Custom Painted/Cut ABS Cover

Performance & Suspension:
    Eibach Sportline Springs
    Eibach front camber kits
    Skunk 2 Rear LCA's
    Progress Rear Tiebar
    DC Sports Steel Front Strut Bar

RSX-S OBX RH
    05-06 RSX-S Midpipe
    05-06 RSX-S Axleback/Megan MVO Axleback
    Injen CAI
    Neuspeed Short Shift Adaptor

Enjoy.

Bought Her in March 1,2015 from Original Owner, Older Gentlemen, Bone Stock with 100,000 miles.

Very first mod. Neochrome Weighted Shift Knob. Bought this before Ieven went to go check out the car.

April 2015: Modding Fever Started Kicking in....

DIY License Plate Relocation as well as HID's and Fog Lights Installed.

My very own Home Made Hood Bra.(sewing class did pay off)

Ordered the USDM Type R Front Lip. Rattled can painted by me.

Heres was with everything installed. Loved the look.

Also, after searching for a couple of months, I was able to find a full set ofOEM 02-03 Mudguards

July 2015: Baked My Headlights from the Chrome look to the blackand amber and also swapped out the clear sidemarkers for the Stanley JDM ones. I used Tamiya for the Corners and Gloss Enamel Paint. Its stillholding up very good till this day.

02-03 to 04-05 taillight conversion

Picked up and installed the Eibach Pro Kit

In the process, I had a Seized bolt, it was literally fused with thebushing of the rear driver side strut. I heard it was common. Anyways, 11hrs of man power, I manage to chop that off and had to get anew strut.

Bored so i Painted the black piece of the rear bumper(look a rear diffuser) lol

September 2015:
    Installed 2.5in Magnaflow Catback paired with the Megan MVO burnt tip Axleback. I love the way she sounds now.

Stock tires were no fun. jk. it was time to replace the tires so Iwent with XXR 501's with brand new BF Goodrichs Super Sports. I gottasay, huge improvement.

October 2015:

Painted My taillights using VHT Nite Shades and a couple clear coats.

How she currently sits as of October 2015

December 2015: Mugen Rep Wing from the GF as a Christmas Gift. Prepped, Painted, and Installed.

January 2016:
    Drove 3 hours just to go pick up an HFP Rear Lip. Long tiring drive, but it was well worth it. Custom Mudflaps added as well. Time for my Rattle Can Job.

Also got a good deal from my buddy for some 04-05 OEM sideskirts and valve cover!

In Pretty rough shaped. I took almost 6-8 hours to sand, bondo, and prep before paint. MY FINGERS

After:

Rear Shocks blown. Currently sitting on my buddie's Rokkor Coils at the moment. In need of new coils. Gearing towards tein or megans. Any Reccomendations?

This is how she currently sits. Saving up for new coils and possibly JDM Facelift Front and 5 lug. Will update. Thanks .

Looking good. Clean 02

I like it

Nice build man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

liking the progress man! keep it up :D
    Last edited by krissyep3; 06-03-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Valve Project Done.

Finally Wrapped Up my Valve Cover Project. Custom Painted by me, White with Black Specks, and I am very pleased of how it turned out. Now waiting on the engine bay dress up then it should be ready to go on. Here it is from start to finish.

Finished Product!!!

Putting Work on the ABS Cover

After 8 long months of having my ABS Cover sitting in my room, I decided to start working on it while my spark plug seals come in for the Valve Cover. These were the ones from the group buy.

Personally, I didn't like the fitment because the Hose by the module would put a lot of pressure on the cover, then on the ABS Module and lines, when you tighten everything down(this was why I never put it on). Anyhow, I finally took some time and Dremel the cover out to my liking and Color Matched it with my Valve Cover, (with my rattle paint skills, hahaha) No more rubbing and pressure on anything anymore. YAY. Loved the way it came out also. Now just awaiting install

After a good 35mins I manage to get cut it off, did a test fitment, then started to sand and smoothen out the edges.

Finished Product:) Added a couple layers of specks and white overlay.

Valve Cover Project Complete

Finally had time to install my Valve Cover with the Neochrome accessories. I'm in love.
    Gave it a good detail and snapped some pictures,

Fun Fact: Today is exactly one year of owning EP3EVE, so I took her out on a shoot. She has come a long way but there are still many more plans for her, gotta say this is one hell of a car. How she currently Glistened as of yesterday.

In the meanwhile, I took off the lips in preparation for a respray. Tires look more meaty. I gotta say, I do miss the stock look.

Custom DIY Depo Headlights

Here is somewhat of a DIY on how I did it.

*Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility for you actions, If you wish to do this, do at your own risk*

ENJOY

Materials:
    - 04/05 Depo Headlights (for my case)
    - Heat Gun/Oven
    - Flathead, Pryer
    - Mittens/Gloves
    - Silicone w/ Gun for a better reseal.
    - Paint, I got Black High Temp and Orange Plastic Paint(Tamiya in my case).
    - Clean Work area, silicone could get messy

Out with the 02-03, In with the 04-05 Depo.

1. Of course, gotta take them off the car and such but fast forward. lol.. Baking time. I used the oven just to get a quicker heat time. Set the oven at 250 degrees for about 5-8 mins. Starting working my way around the tabs with a flathead screwdriver to separate lens from the back housing. Just be patient and careful, headlight is hot and silicone is tacky.

Everything dissambled. There are 4 bolts holding the projector and 2 bolts holding the reflectors as well as 2 clips.

2. Here was the Crack that disabled the adjustment of the Projector Beams to function correctly, so I JB Weld that together and its working flawlessly now. Took me roughly 25-30 mins for this part.

3. Time for the Real Reason why I wanted Projectors. So this whole process was just me masking and cleaning, getting the pieces ready for paint.

GHETTO NEWSPAPER FTW!!!:rotfl:

4. Everything Painted. Roughly 2-3 coats each plus 2 coats of Gloss 15-30 mins in between each coat. Paint where High Temp Black and Tamiya Orange Paint TS-12 or whatever you choose.

5. Forgot to take a picture of the plastic piece inside the projector color but this is the difference.

Before

So within here there is a plastic piece that is colored(blue) to give it the effect that the projector is colored. I just painted the plastic a little more blue so it could be more visible when the lights are not in order. Was scared it wouldnt turn out the way I imagined but it did. #WIN

6. Back in the oven it goes. Repeated the same process as taking them apart, this time of course, putting them back together. I added some silicone in between the tabs and around the bends of the lens just for extra safety in case it leaks

Final Result

Final Result! Freshend up EVE by alot!. Loving it.love:

Estimated time for prep, paint, and drying times + misc work lol roughly 2-3 Hours. I let the paint and jb weld cure for a good day then installed them.

Sideskirts!

My OEM NHBP Type R Sideskirts came in today. Great packaging from fellow EP Hatcher. It literally took me 30 mins or so to fuss with all the wrapping. haha. :rotfl: Also included were OEM S2000 gaskets and a pack of sticky clips.

Now time for creative ways to keep these side skirts on.

And being me, the moment i got home, I had to do a test fit!. Love it, cant wait for paint!.

Diy hoodbra

Ever since I sold off my first DIY Hoodbra, I kinda miss it. so I decided to redo and sew up a new hood bra. Took me less that 40 mins to complete. Trace, Sew, Cut, and make sure its tight. :giggity:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information