Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Finally, got to finish off my side skirts. Again, with my Professional Rattle Can painting skills:rotfl:

Decided to do some side skirt extensions as well because i think they are cool:hihi:. Went to Home Depot, grabbed those press pine wood and some screws. Came home and the project began. Took me roughly 2-3 hours, including paint.

1. Measuring the Wood to size

2. Debadged my Type R Decals with the help of Goo Gone to remove the residue.

3. Primed and Painted. Also, did 10 screws each side to hold the extensions in place.

Im using a bunch of Double Sided Tape for now cus I couldn't find my metal plates to screw in the ends of the skirts,:firemad: but once i have time to get/find some, Ill be doing something similar to what i have done before. Will be drilling the holes from the metal plates onto the back side of the skirts and then onto the body.

KOSEI K1's

I sold my XXR's a couple weeks back. Guess it was just my luck, but right when i sold my XXR, these Kosei K1's were up for sale for a good deal and good specs. I didnt hesitate and picked them right up. Pretty clean set, just minor rashes but I didn't let that stop me These were also one of the wheels that I always wanted to own too.

Specs
    16x7.5 +43 Offset on 205/40 Toyo Proxes.

Im planning to run beefier tires maybe 215/45 or 225/45. Idk just yet, but I am super stoked. Can't wait to slap em on!

Here She is. I finally finished the exterior look. Took me alot of preparation to get it all painted and installed, which I crammed all in a week. Still looking for a preface front but i think i can work with this look for the time being.

CAI is on!

Just my luck, I scored an Injen Cold Air for $40. Drove a good 45mins to get it, but it was worth it.

Since i dont wanna lose my wheel/fender liner, Ill spend these days before the install to figure things out.

Still in mint condition. stoked!:hb: Will be ordering a new filter tho. +1 for the ebay filter! haha

Installed my Injen CAI this weekend. I still kept the liner, but I cut had to cut it, to enable the pipe to run through. Didnt spend much time on it, scissors to the liner quickly to make the hole. Thinking about losing the driver side fog "LIGHT/LENS" or adding a vent, but its just ideas that i might consider.

Loving the sound the car produce up front and the throttle response feels a lot better. Guess this is a start. Time for that RH to go in :)

Last edited by fatathaland; 06-01-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Finally decided to jump on this mod, since i wanted to get my hands dirty. Heres how it went down.

Picked up a couple items from Home Depot for this project. 2 3in ABS/PVC pipe and a coupler.

For this, I reused my foglight housing(black outer plastic piece) and the little plastic shroud over the foglight lens itself. Alot of cutting and fitting cus there is literally no inch of room behind the bumper.!

Assembling it together, just like a puzzle. Fits very snugged, i used the existing holes from the foglight housing as guide to screw in 2 screws to hold the coupler in place, then i ran some zipties to support the pipe(soon to be JB welded on with hangers) but the zipties does a good job . It was a pain in the ass because i had to refit everything once it was cut, since i thought this wouldve been enough room, ended up being too long, causing it to hit the rad support and horn.

So this is pretty much how it looks behind the bumper, trying to minimalize the bends to direct more air flow to the cai.

After the cutting and fitment testing, As you can see I have shortend it alot from the previous photo, PITA but it happens when you eyeball things. lol:D

Everything installed:)

So my initial impression from my 45 min cruise with this set up on. Throttle Response feels a better, car picks up speed faster, especially when "VTEC" hits and also in higher gears. Overall, glad i did this mod, love how it looks, sounds, and drives, for under $15 i cant really complain.
    Last edited by team ERA 5; 06-01-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Update of the car

I was finally able to collect the jdm bumpers to get the bulky usdm bumpers off. I am now rocking the Preface Mugen Front with UBEYMADE Canards, JDM Rear+Sides. Really satisfied by the way she looks now, definitely way more aggressive. Still on the lookout for the airduct, mugen grill, and hood. Anyways enjoy the pictures.

Waited 2 weeks for the jdm preface bumper to come in from Hungary and over a month for the Fugen Lip to come in. I guess the wait was worth it, very minimal body work to get them to fit. also scored the JDM Rear bumper from a good buddy of mine not too long after.

Everything test fitted and ready for paint. UBEYMADE Canards are also on!

Everything Painted and ready to go on!

Took her out on a photoshoot because she was due for one. Here is how she currently sits.

Update of the car pt.2**

Also gave my interior some love. I did the whole interior via DIY. Painted the carpet and cut out my own door inserts. Also took apart my seats to add in the red inserts for the Type R look. Most dwelling project I've put myself into but it was well worth it.

here are some pictures for entertainment:

with carpet and door inserts installed. seats took me about a month to finish.

THE FINAL PRODUCT**

badass bro! You doing some major work!

goddamn this car has come a long way. looks good man
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Skunk 2 LCA's and Progress Tie Bar

Did a local trade for some used but still brand new-ish Skunk2 LCA's and Progress Tiebar. Finally added some bling to the rear end. Waiting to purchase the Progress 22mm Sway Bar or the RSX-S one to replace the tiny one on the ep. Really like how it came out. Install took me roughly 1 hour. Gotta say, those three bolts were a pain to match up with the holes lol.

Awesome work!! I only wish parts were flourishing up and down the east coast like it is in cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, and I don't know how much different it is over there, but yes there are plenty of parts here in cali and being that I travel alot, I sometimes end up finding some good deals :)

Nice and solid progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasy View Post
    Nice and solid progress!
    Thanks!

I was never a fan of the 04/05 tail lights. Especially of the EP3R ones bc they were so altezza-ey looking but the EP3R versions are growing on me now
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Love the interior upgrades! How'd you do the door inserts - split the panels, put in the new fabric, then re-glue the two parts together? I've got to do this still with mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information