Close

Lack of brace bar behind shifter

What would be your thoughts if you removed the shifter bezel and there was no horizontal brace behind it? Also some plastic had been cut inside of each screw hole. Do you think a PO was too lazy to remove the radio? The car appears stock except for the Hondata air box mod. Any reasons why someone would remove the shifter other than installing a short shifter?

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    Do you have any pictures? I am trying to imagine what is missing here.
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

I don't, but it's the horizontal bar that runs behind the seam where the shifter bezel meets the radio bezel.

If you've got an aftermarket stereo, my guess is someone didn't know their way around the car when they did the install.

I'll probably never know. Just wish I would have known it was missing when Pull-a-part had an ep.

Well, that sucks. I just replaced my console pieces and the left side is stripped on mine. Luckily, it's stripped with the screw in, so I just worked around it.

Is the upper piece loose? You could always zip tie it in place on the sides somehow if so. If the plastic is cut out, I don't know how you'd be able to get the bar to use again without the screw holes there. Unless there are still plastic parts on the side you could use a backing plate to attach to, and then put the screws or bolts through that. You're screwed pretty well on this, I have to say.

my brace was stripped i tore it out and didnt even bother to put it back in lol when it had the brace in the dude that had the car before me installed it wrong so the side of my shifter bezel was poking out, never knew why until i did my bcss install ^_^

I don't think the plastic was actually cut. It just looks like that.

Thread Information