Close

Deetz Canadian EP3 Project & Resto

Stumbled across this deal, couldn't pass it up!! I know the EP3 wasn't the most popular car Honda released, but it was a pretty good chassis overall. I live in Canada, and when this car came out, it had a sticker of $26,800, which at the time was crazy. I bought a brand new rsx back then for only $500 more, and got a lot more for my money, lol

Anyway, due to the engine choice and price back then, they did not sell many, that is why they are much more rare than other models. It was a unique venture that Honda had agreed to manufacture the car out of the UK only, which probably was one of the reasons the price was hiked on them. In Canada it was sold as an SiR, the US is was an Si, and the only engine choice was the K20A3, but it was fully loaded, still fun to drive and had many nice design features.....and lots of future K series tuning/swapping potential which brings us to today!!

I ran into an auto tech picking up an extra block was selling for parts last weekend. While he stopped by, we got to talking, him seeing i had a couple Honda projects on the go. He proceeded to tell me about this EP3 he got last year signed over to him, due to a customer no pay on another job, and this car was just sitting around. He just wanted it gone, and offered it cheap!

Picked it up for 2k Canadian, about $1500 US dollars

Pro's-

Only 204 km's or 120 Miles original, not bad for year
    Clean car, straight, no accidents
    15" Work wheels
    Excedy multi dish clutch and lighweight flywheel
    Spoon N1 Exhaust
    Tien Coilovers with adjustable pillowmounts
    Seibon Hood and rear spoiler
    AEM Intake
    Pioneer double din with bluetooth and nav
    Interior carbon fiber dress up kit
    alarm
    new windshield
    Type R grill and rear badging

Cons-

Way to low for Canada roads for a DD
    N1 exhaust to loud for the street!
    some wear on drivers seat bottom
    OEM body kit was removed at some point
    Paint need attention in some spots

Give me some time, but i will turn this around for a very fun, and comfortable daily driver, as that's what it is replacing

I like how the car looks right now. Your's performance-wise is about the same as mine, and the engine has 10K less mileage than mine. I will attest; If you run a nice synthetic oil and keep up on maintenance, these cars are very economical. Mine is also a daily driver.

Question: Is it possible for me to get a Canadian EP3 SiR and get it back to the US easily? I live 50 miles from the Canadian border, in North Dakota.

Will watch this build!

Thread Information