Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LED Flasher relay issue

Hi,

I am trying to change the flasher bulbs to LEDs. I have the bulbs but I am having trouble finding the correct size relay. I had purchased one on Ebay and when I got it, it was too big for the socket. I looked around and many other places were showing the same model CF13 JL-02. I took a picture of my relay compared to the other one and mine is smaller. Can someone tell me what relay is correct for a 2002 EP3.
    20160506_192811.jpg

Mine is on the left, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

I did the same thing. I bought one off ebay that was too big, then one off Diode Dynamics which was also too big. But the DD version came with extenders for the plugs, so I used them and zip tied the resistor to the fuse box. No problems since. The aftermarket relays are a one-size-fits-all; didn't find one that fit our stock size at all. My guess is that no one makes them.

Thanks, would you happen to have the part #?

Mark

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/1...signal-flasher

Since it's so cheap, probably easiest to just get it from them with the extenders (they came with the relay, even though there aren't any pics). Or you could just use that ebay one and track down three extenders for the prongs. It's basically six of one, half dozen of the other.

Enjoy the LED bulbs! I've basically replaced all of my bulbs except the headlights at this point, and will probably replace those with a set from superbrightleds at some point this year. Hopefully, that means no more light bulb changes until this car dies.

Hi,

I actually went to an electronics store and they had the correct size relay. It's the same dimensions but a little taller. It doesn't interfere with the other electrical wiring. It only cost 4.00$ It's a Trico EP-34 relay. I live in Canada but it says that it is made in the US. I think any relay with the model # EP-34 will work. As for headlights, I installed projector HIDs in mine. They are fantastic.

Thanks,

Mark

Thread Information