Close

Rattling noise around 2krpm on decel

Hey guys,

So i turned into a parking spot the other day and I heard a scraping noise, like something was being dragged under the car. Checked under the chassis and I saw that nothing was dragging. Later that day I heard the same noise while in traffic and it would occur around 2k rpm to 3k rpm on the decel. This sound occurs even if I push in the clutch. I think it might be the headers hitting the oil pan or something... (the natural frequencies of engine around 2.5k rpm must be causing the rattle )

I drive an 03 with 104,000mi.

I am going to put it on the lift in the next couple of days, any other suggestions while I am down there?

THANKS

[QUOTE=SiBoosting11;1037661]Hey guys,

So i turned into a parking spot the other day and I heard a scraping noise, like something was being dragged under the car. Checked under the chassis and I saw that nothing was dragging. Later that day I heard the same noise while in traffic and it would occur around 2k rpm to 3k rpm on the decel. This sound occurs even if I push in the clutch. I think it might be the headers hitting the oil pan or something... (the natural frequencies of engine around 2.5k rpm must be causing the rattle )

I drive an 03 with 104,000mi.

I am going to put it on the lift in the next couple of days, any other suggestions while I am down there?

if i had to guess its the heat shield underneath your car that covers your cat maybe.

Thread Information