Close

Fix k20a3 or swap for something else?

Hi guys, so I had a valve adjustment done and noticed cam lobes starting to show severe wear. My mechanic said that it can cause more damage later to other components like valve train. They gave a few options and being that my car has 190k miles replacing cams and rollers would cost a lot and maybe head swap or full motor swap would be best for the money spent. I live in cali and am not familiar with the law. They said that if I swap a k24 I can use the ep3 ecu and still pass smog. That didn't sound right to me can anyone clarify? I'm not looking for extreme performance but my priority is to daily drive it but I wouldnt mind the extra power. Can anyone suggest best option that will keep my car reliable, pass smog and save money?

K20a3's are by far the cheapest motor when it comes to K series. I find entire ones in good shape for less than 600 all the time.
    Replacing the valvetrain is relatively cheap (if you're swapping it yourself)

If you're wanting to stay stock do that...but if you're wanting a little WOT the do a vtec killer setup on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information