Close

K20a question. New guy to Civics..

Hey all. I have a 2003 Civic hatchback si. Should I stick with the current power plant (stock) and build on it to get the best possible strength and performance. Or should I do a swap? If a swap is a better option what should I go with? I will be putting a turbo on. I've seen so many things online and alot of people going to or sticking with the k20's but I belive my in the a3 which is on the lower end. Thanks for the advice and input.

K24a2. Get kpro and find a rsx 6 speed tranny or dc5r tranny.

Thanks for the reply. is the K24a2 a straight drop in or will I have to do any modification? I would assume that I would need to completely change the wiring harness out to the car? Thanks

hi didnt want make a new thread just yet so figured id add to this one. i have a k20a3 in my hatch and have heard the a2 and a are better for a n7a build opposed to the a3 thats better for boost. im interested in a k20a in the future buit would also like to build and boost it can the k20a handle boost with its high comoression already? and how ? and would it be better to leave it n/a or will i not get the same potential power and performance from a n/a k20a as i would a boosted a3 ? ive seen videos of ppl with insane amounts of boost on k20a2 but not any really on the k20a it kind a seems the a2 is right there in the middle for a best of both or am i mistaken and im new to hondas ive just started getting into the when i found my ep3 and seen what the k series is capable of and am dying to make the muscle heads in my area get up in their feelings when the lil honda gaps em
    Last edited by fatathaland; 06-02-2009 at 02:47 PM.

beyond more reaerch i think ive found that the a2 is the best bet as the k20a is more of a useless buy unless serious about keeping it n/a or making a replica now my question is what tranny would be best for an a2 boosted and built motor i want a 6 lsd but isnt the type r the only one with the 6 spd lsd and the gears are shorter than needed for boosted a2

Thread Information