Close

CodeZilla's ultra slow Race Car build

What's up guys? Bought my ep3 a few months ago and figured I would start a build thread to keep track of my progress on the car.

Came from a 5th gen prelude with a blue top swap and plenty of mods. Ended up getting rear ended on the interstate when some asshole stopped in the middle of my lane. Here she is

Got a pretty decent settlement from the prelude and started the hunt for my next car. I've always loved the ep3 but never thought about looking to buy one. One of my friends called and told me some older lady just traded her ep3 in at his dealership and she had owned it since new and that it was in pretty damn good shape. I went to go take a look at the car and ended up driving her home that night for a steal. One owner with 160k on the clock, full service records, and the only mod was a K&N short ram her son had bought her. Here she is the night I brought her home.

I fell absolutely in love with the car on the drive home. It wasn't fast by any means, but it was so much fun to drive.

First thing on the agenda was the paint on the roof. The only bad spot on the car really. My roommate runs a business that he uses to plastidip cars and he hooked it up with this sick ass gloss black with blue flake to revive the tatty old roof paint.
    Before:

And after:

Couldn't have been happier with the outcome. And probably a tenth of the cost I would have paid to have it repainted.

Next on the agenda was suspension. I ended up finding a killer deal on some buddy club n+ coils from a local that were slightly used. Picked those up and some new outer tie rod ends and installed them after work one day.

Drove on them for a couple days and decided I wanted to stiffen it up a bit. Threw the car on the lift to adjust the front dampening and then this happened as soon as it hit the last click to full stiff. Also picked up a shifter extender and threw in my old as shit head unit from the prelude.

And here she is after the drop

Had some old cheap tsw's laying around and decided to try my hand at doing a blaze yellow dip on them the day before a local car show. They didn't come out great but I LOVE the color so I'll be having my roommate do my next set of wheels in this same color.

And posted up at the meet with him and his rarity of an mx6

Decided to get off my fat ass and red out the tail lights and am stoked on the way it came out.

That's just about up to date with everything that's happened so far. Went out tonight to snap some pics of the car. I reeeaaalllyyy need a decent camera.

Near future for the car should be front lip, clutch, k tuned race header, and exhaust.

I'll be building the car as a street/track car for autox and maybe some real track time if I can get out to hallett. I'm collecting pieces right now to go vtec killer on the little a3 and a 6 speed swap to see what I can get out of it before I go k24.

Progress may be a little slow on the car but it will definitely happen. Thanks for taking a look and I'll hopefully update with some more mods soon.

Wassup! Nice find. I got some CTR tail lights that would look real good on your car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice car. do you have new upgrades on it?

Thread Information