Close

Angry Engine Idle/Misfiring problems

Morning guys,

I have been on ephatch for over 10 years now but haven't posted in many. I have a 2005 EP3 with 130k on it. 6 months ago the tensioner failed on me and the car sat for 6 months while I had the head rebuilt. I finally had the head rebuilt (new timing chain and tensioner) and put a new exhaust header on (ceramic one had cracked years ago and gave me an exhaust leak). After sitting for 6 months, I had the head installed and the new header put on and all new coolant and oil put in the car. When we started it, it fired right up, but it idles at around 2k and is misfiring like crazy. I had none of these problems before the tensioner failed on me. Any ideas you all could give me I would greatly appreciate. Video here ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCOYuRB0OAo

Also the car has never had a cat or 02 sensor for 10 years.......

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys! TIA

Quote Originally Posted by alawa View Post
    Morning guys,

I have been on ephatch for over 10 years now but haven't posted in many. I have a 2005 EP3 with 130k on it. 6 months ago the tensioner failed on me and the car sat for 6 months while I had the head rebuilt. I finally had the head rebuilt (new timing chain and tensioner) and put a new exhaust header on (ceramic one had cracked years ago and gave me an exhaust leak). After sitting for 6 months, I had the head installed and the new header put on and all new coolant and oil put in the car. When we started it, it fired right up, but it idles at around 2k and is misfiring like crazy. I had none of these problems before the tensioner failed on me. Any ideas you all could give me I would greatly appreciate. Video here ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCOYuRB0OAo

Also the car has never had a cat or 02 sensor for 10 years.......

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys! TIA
    Could be a few things. Id start with a valve adjustment. Cam/crank correlation may be off. May have to also do a crank relearn pattern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thread Information