Close

Thread: Clutch Noise

Clutch Noise

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I bought a 2005 EP3 a couple of months ago. The car has a new Exedy clutch and new flywheel from Honda. I've noticed this since I've owned the car, but if I start off in 1st with the revs at say, 1700 rpm or higher, I hear a loud creak from the front. This is also happens if I take a bit too long to let out the clutch. I'm fairly new to driving stick but I've driven many manual cars and I've never experienced this before. Is this normal? Did the person installing the clutch potentially make a mistake? I've read somewhere that it could be flywheel chatter, but again, I don't know. Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by mborowski4295 View Post
    Hey everyone, new to the forum. I bought a 2005 EP3 a couple of months ago. The car has a new Exedy clutch and new flywheel from Honda. I've noticed this since I've owned the car, but if I start off in 1st with the revs at say, 1700 rpm or higher, I hear a loud creak from the front. This is also happens if I take a bit too long to let out the clutch. I'm fairly new to driving stick but I've driven many manual cars and I've never experienced this before. Is this normal? Did the person installing the clutch potentially make a mistake? I've read somewhere that it could be flywheel chatter, but again, I don't know. Any help would be appreciated!
    I have this same problem in for the solution. Iv'e had it for a long time so not sure if its's actually harmful.

Thread Information