Close

05 Si Suspension help

Wanted to ask you folks about a good suspension setup (springs + shocks) for my 05 Si which is going to be used as secondary DD and 1/2 HPDE days per year. I am looking at Eibach Pro-kit and Koni shocks. Anyone using this combo? Also, do I need a camber kit for a 1-1.25" drop? Thanks.

I am new here, picking up the car next week. Not new to Hondas, if I could figure out how to edit the Signature I would do that :)

Thanks.

The A-Spec kit is a good compromise, and drops your car 3/4 to 1". I've had mine for a year now and am very happy. Dropping more than that does put you on the verge of needing camber adjustability, but not sure if an extra 1/4" would be enough to warrant it. It's probably been discussed here before, though.

Where to buy the A-Spec kit from? Thanks.

There's a whole A-Spec thread here - it's very helpful. You can get the the whole kit from any Acura dealer, but Curry seems to be the easiest to deal with. They're in NYS; I am in driving distance, and picked mine up directly. They're the ebay sellers of the kit, too. It was a piece of cake. If you do deal with Curry, let me know if you need any help, but I would think that you buying it local may be cheaper, depending on logistics.

So A-Spec and Not HFP kit, right?

Also, which thread are you referring to?

Sorry, the thread I'm talking about is on the ClubEP3 forum, which looks like it has a bunch of technical issues at the moment.

Found this on Honda-Tech:

http://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-r...clime-2639666/

That's a pretty all-inclusive thread as well, it looks like.

Yes, A-Spec; a couple of the bolts in back need to be ground down, but it's not a big deal. I don't think that anything related to HFP is available these days, except as fairly old used parts, unfortunately.

I haven't got these yet but I've heard good things. Ground control coilovers with ether koni or tokico shocks, they are made with Ebiach springs. Gonna be around 800 dollars for both shock and coils.

Wow, cool option, did not know. So GC can provide Eibach Pro-Kit with Koni shocks it seems. What are the advantages of buying GC over these separately? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 9000revs View Post
    Wow, cool option, did not know. So GC can provide Eibach Pro-Kit with Koni shocks it seems. What are the advantages of buying GC over these separately? Thanks.
    So all I know from what I've been looking up, you get full adjustably (lowering and rasing) from it being a coilover, custom spring rates all you have to do is specify when you order them, if you get the Pro-kit without shocks or any of these setups without shocks your stock ones will eventually blow out. I say screw the Pro-kit save the money and get GC coils and the tokico shocks or koni shocks. Probably get longer life with the GC and shocks. Just my opinion, but all I've read about the GC have always good. You may also want to look into sway bars if you plan on dropping it, progress makes some decently cheap ones that look clean. Just do more research on both setups. Good luck to ya.

To those who want to do the A-spec route, here's a good thread-- http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...pension-on-ep3

Quote Originally Posted by 9000revs View Post
    For future search reference...The Eibach springs provided by Ground Control are not pro kit springs. They are the ERS springs, which are a more universal line of springs in regards to diameter, length, and spring rate. They are also warrantied for life against sagging. All GC brings to the table is a fancy anodized red sleeve over.

A cheaper way to go about this setup is to get a sleeve over for short money then source some used ERS springs of your choice from a racing forum. They swap out springs all the time adjusting their setups. Generally they sell for $30/ea

Thread Information