Close

Anyone running Truhart lowering struts?

Just looking for some feedback on Truhart lowering struts. I know they're cheap, just wondering if anyone has any appreciable mileage on them and what their opinion of them is.

I imagine there's people out there with strong opinions against using inexpensive struts. If thats the case, what strut do you recommend using that is designed specifically for lowering springs and will not require any modifications to keep tie rods from hitting?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No knowledge of the brand, but I can recommend Eibachs that I ran for years on stock shocks with no issues, or the A-Spec (Type-R) shocks and springs that are very nice and OEM. I now run Progress Coilovers which are great quality and ride.

GL

You can't go wrong with eibach. H&R is another good brand.

I ended up getting the Truhart struts and H&R 2" lowering springs. I have less than 100 miles on them, but I am amazed at how well they ride. The handling is very responsive and it's not bouncy. The shock absorption is on par with OE.

Keep us updated on their reliability. I'm sure there are plenty of EP owners that are in need of new struts.

Back from the dead almost a year later how do they ride?
    Last edited by Diaz90; 02-26-2018 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Didn’t quote reply correctly

Quote Originally Posted by shapiror06 View Post
    I ended up getting the Truhart struts and H&R 2" lowering springs. I have less than 100 miles on them, but I am amazed at how well they ride. The handling is very responsive and it's not bouncy. The shock absorption is on par with OE.

back from the dead a year later or close too... how do they ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Diaz90 View Post
    back from the dead a year later or close too... how do they ride?
    They ride great. I only have about 2000 miles on them because I'm in Northeast Ohio and I put the car away for the winter. I'm really happy with them though. The combination of the Truhart struts and H&R springs is the perfect blend of performance and ride comfort.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shapiror06 View Post
    They ride great. I only have about 2000 miles on them because I'm in Northeast Ohio and I put the car away for the winter. I'm really happy with them though. The combination of the Truhart struts and H&R springs is the perfect blend of performance and ride comfort.

It a stiff ride? I have ground control sleeves but not all the way low since I daily drive it 130 miles a day

Quote Originally Posted by Diaz90 View Post
    It a stiff ride? I have ground control sleeves but not all the way low since I daily drive it 130 miles a day
    It is stiff, but in a good way. Handling is very responsive, and I have no other suspension modifications done except the struts, springs, and rear camber arms. It's not bouncy at all, which has a lot to do with the spring choice. That's why I opted to spend a little more on high quality H&R springs. At $250 for the whole set of 4 struts, I think they're absolutely worth giving a try.

i just redid pretty much all the suspension on my car as well. went with the tein s. techs with the truhart strut set. it is a world of difference to me just for the simple fact that my drivers strut was super blown, and has been for quite some time. they seem pretty good so far. only about 3k on my new setup so far.

mine defiantly feels a bit stiffer to me, however i am on 18's, with 225 40 18's, i am really thinking of going to some 17's though

Quote Originally Posted by zerokool3211 View Post
    i just redid pretty much all the suspension on my car as well. went with the tein s. techs with the truhart strut set. it is a world of difference to me just for the simple fact that my drivers strut was super blown, and has been for quite some time. they seem pretty good so far. only about 3k on my new setup so far.

mine defiantly feels a bit stiffer to me, however i am on 18's, with 225 40 18's, i am really thinking of going to some 17's though
    I have 17" wheels, running a 215/40R17 tire. Rides great.

Thread Information