Close

Thread: OEM Suspension

OEM Suspension

Hello All!

It's been way too long since I've been here but I remember when it just started and learned a lot from the folks here and really love the community!

I have my 2002 Si that I bought new with the original suspension and 100k miles that the suspension needs to be replaced. I don't drive my car much since I work very close to work but I still drive my car a few times a week. My question is what would be the best replacement for my suspension?

I was looking at the Mugen set as it's a complete swap and it's pretty much OEM. I don't want to spend a lot but given that I haven't done much to it are the Mugen worth it or are there anything that is OEM so I can continue to use my car daily?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I would say look into some tokico or koni shocks with your stock springs or if you want to get some drop springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by frm_808 View Post
    I would say look into some tokico or koni shocks with your stock springs or if you want to get some drop springs

Thanks! I found these: http://www.koni-na.com/en-US/NorthAm...120&mk=18&mt=1

The very last one seem to have the full setup but at that point might as well shell out the extra $300 for Mugen parts no?

I mean, if you want and have the cash, why not? Plus it should be already assembled and ready to install

That's what I thought as well, the installation should be much easier than replacing just the shocks. Thanks frm_808!

No problem

So they no longer make the Mugen SS for the EP3 which sucks because I was finally all set and had the $ finally get them

I'm down to these three options:

Koni:
    https://www.carid.com/2002-honda-civ...190586610.html

Tokico HP:
    https://www.carid.com/2002-honda-civ...-87064164.html

Tokico D-Spec:
    https://www.carid.com/tokico/dsp-kit...739&url=956607

I guess the D-specs or Koni would be nice because the adjustments of the dampening. Do I need to change springs or can I keep the same ones, I don't want it lowered since it'll be my DD and I feel the more stock it'll be the longer it'll last me.

I used to have Koni Yellows and Eibach Sportline springs and always thought it was a great combo. Matter of fact I still have them in a box in my garage and now that I am not tracking my car anymore I am planning to switch back to them from the Buddy Club RSD that I have in now.

Thanks man! Gives me hope. I haven't done anything in the car in a while and I want to make sure I'm smart about it.

Thread Information