Close

Questions regarding kpro

Those of you that have done i/h/e mods, then got kpro later, did you notice a different in performanec? Did you use one of the stock maps that came with the chip or modify it at all? Just curious because I've done i.h.e. and ordering kpro tonight and wondering what to expect when it arrives. ThanKS all!

When I had intake and exhaust and I ran the 91 tune. I did notice a slight difference between that tune and my stock tune. Didnt run the I/H/e tune but it is always worth it! KPRO is the ish man!! Dopest mod there is, plus you might be getting the best version out there if you getting it brand new!

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    When I had intake and exhaust and I ran the 91 tune. I did notice a slight difference between that tune and my stock tune. Didnt run the I/H/e tune but it is always worth it! KPRO is the ish man!! Dopest mod there is, plus you might be getting the best version out there if you getting it brand new!
    Brand new indeed! I'm scared though cause I use 89 in it, but I don't have a cat I have a test pipe and I'm worried using one of the pre made tunes might not be exactly what I'm looking for and from what ive read it could cause knock and ither terrible things nodoby wants. Worst part is my buddy that does tuning is out of town for a few days :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by A$AP_Foxy View Post
    Brand new indeed! I'm scared though cause I use 89 in it, but I don't have a cat I have a test pipe and I'm worried using one of the pre made tunes might not be exactly what I'm looking for and from what ive read it could cause knock and ither terrible things nodoby wants. Worst part is my buddy that does tuning is out of town for a few days :(

Stop using 89! and use 90+, why do you choose to use 89 for? So if your car starts to act all crazy switch it back to normal, just dont do anything crazy when your testing the tune out like smash the peddle to the floor every where you go. This is more towards the 91 tune.

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    Stop using 89! and use 90+, why do you choose to use 89 for? So if your car starts to act all crazy switch it back to normal, just dont do anything crazy when your testing the tune out like smash the peddle to the floor every where you go. This is more towards the 91 tune.
    So what you're telling me is that if I run the high octane basemap tune on kpro and get in either 91 or 93 octane I have nothing to worry about? It's a solid tune that I'd be able to rag on like I did when the ecu was stock and I ran 89? If that's the case I'll drain the tank and fill it with 91/93.

Last edited by 20CiviC02Si; 06-03-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Thread Information