Close

Cool 02 exhaust from cat back -advise

Hey All,

Car has 100k on it

Need a little advise. Got an 02 Si w stock exhaust - my resonator on the ground :(, cat conv rusted thru, mufffler done too. otherwise car in overall good shape. Looking at this mag flow kit;

https://www.carid.com/magnaflow/stre...537&url=954634

need to replace shields, and engine shield too.

Dealer and muffler shop wants 3000+, and midas 2800 + but as I see it kit is like 6 hundy, and another hundred for misc hangers, gaskets, etc.

What do you all think, should I buy the parts and go to a local muffler shop for install?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Eric

--
    Attached Images Attached Images

Given those quotes, yes. I've got the same thing and am very happy with it. The local Meineke did it for I think $300 - $400 or so (I brought everything to them). Of course, I just found out from the shop doing my K20A swap that Meineke used the wrong bolts, but still think that your quotes are just insane.

Got damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dealer and muffler shop wants 3000+, and midas 2800 + fuck noooo! You could possible do all the work yourself. Its not really that hard. Do you know any one with a good jack/lift, some jack stands, and 10-14mm ratchets and breaker bar? If you got all those goodies the install of the exhaust should be cake and easy on your pocket. I would say $1000 dollars tops if you buy the exuast, test pipe, some tools, and do the work yourself. With the extra cash you can buy yourself some other goodies. Buy your exaust from the sites below, fuck carid.com

This site is cheapest and where I buy all my goodies from
    http://www.corsportusa.com/

www.Showstoppersusa.com

The exhaust you wanted
    http://www.corsportusa.com/2002-2005...ystem-exhaust/

Mangnaflow's site is just about as cheap; I ordered stuff from them directly.

thank you, all, so much for the info - peace and love to you!

E

If you have the means to do the work yourself, you should. It's a relatively simple install. I recommend you soak the hardware you plan to reuse with PB Blaster. Cut off everything else and install the new exhaust. Buy from showstoppers and support chuck and our vendors
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thread Information